Author Topic: reinstalling dash wood  (Read 3134 times)

Markp

reinstalling dash wood
« on: May 22, 2009, 13:59:59 »
I'm having an incredibly diificult time reinstalling my refinished dash wood after a new windshield was installed. The wood was trimmed and prefit before the glass was installed, it was tight but it fit. Any hints on the preffered end to start with, any tricks to make this proccess easier? Thanks, Mark

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
Re: reinstalling dash wood
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 15:33:33 »
Wait, so you're saying that the windshield has already been installed? The left piece will now be very difficult to install.

I would use some thin but sturdy protective material over your instrument cluster fabric covering, as the screw on the left will likely gouge the fabric there as you force the wooden piece down on that side.

Others may have better advice.
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas

Markp

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 03:50:41 »
Every experienced installer I spoke with said that it was virtually impossible to install a windshield with the wood in place as the wood seats on top of a portion of the rubber window seal. Regardless, it's now installed. Mark

oldtimery

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 21:15:56 »
Hello,

There is no problem at all doing this.

You can easily reinstall the dash wood with the windshield in place. I've done it several times with my Pagoda. First, remove the two vertical pieces in leather near the windshield. Put a soft cloth on the leather above the speedometer to prevent the leather from scratches and begin with the left side. You can remove the radio and the glovebox to get an easier access to the screws, but this is not a necessity.

Best regards