W113 Pagoda SL Group > About this site

Forum changes

(1/4) > >>

Iconic:
How come when I click on the "Forum" tab at the top I get "Pagoda SL Group - Info Center" when I used to get the list of all of the separate forum areas like "Interior" and "General" and "Fuel and ..." etc? I must have selected something inadvertently ...

Iconic:
FYI: When I select the "+" sign to the right of "W113 Pagoda SL Group" it only toggles between "-" and "+" but the window doesn't expand to show the whole forum like it is supposed to.
I'm using the Safari browser on an iMac.
I'm having about as much luck with this forum as I am with my Pagoda .... I'm just kidding, I consider my self lucky to have found my non-running Pagoda.
But, why isn't the forum working for me?
Mark

Peter van Es:
Iconic,

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about.... when I click the  '+' to the right of W113 Pagoda SL Group... it just shows the list of boards. Were you perhaps experimenting with different themes?

I use Safari on a Mac exclusively and developed this forum with it, so it should work. Can you please:

* copy the exact URL where you have problems into your post
* take a screenshot of that part of the screen (to capture a region of the screen, press Command-Shift-4, then click and drag the cursor to mark the area you want to capture. When you lift your finger from the mouse button, Mac OS X will record that real estate and place a .png file on your desktop) and upload it here for me to see.
If it was indeed due to you experimenting with different themes, are you back at standard now ?

How were you able to post if you could not find any boards?

Peter

Iconic:
Thank you for your attention. I am relatively computer literate and I cannot figure out what I have done.
I have not been experimenting with Themes. My setting states: "Forum or Board Default".
I am on an IBM clone now and I am experiencing the same issue !!
The URL is: http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php
I will make a screen shot on this PC, put it in a MS Word document and attach that. You will see the plus/minus sign at minus which means the view should be expanded (I know you know this .. I'm just explaining my logic).
I was able to post on the General Forum by looking at the "Show unread posts since last visit" link. Then follow links at the top to get back to General Forum .. does that make sense or should I explain it better.
Oh, one more thing. If I go to http://www.sl113.org/ and don't log in and go to the Forum tab, it looks like we expect it to look. So, it is only an issue when I am logged in (on any computer it seems).
Regards,
Mark

Peter van Es:
Mark,

that's really weird. I've never seen that. And you are saying you get this on two different PC's ?

I don't want to get too detailed, but because of the way the site is built, you'll only see this when you are in the forum.

I recommend you try the following solutions:

* Verify that Javascript is enabled (on both browsers). The +/- function works with Javascript. Make sure you reload the page before testing it because the javascript code needs to be reloaded in your browser
* Verify that Cookies are enabled for www.sl113.org. Your browser must accept these cookies
* Logout and then Log-in again, and see if the +/- function persists.
* If it still does persist, perhaps you can clear your cookies on the browsers... but since you have the exact same behaviour on both a Mac and a Windows PC, that probably is not the cause.
I've also had a look at your preferences, and could not find anything weird there.

Please try the above, and let me know.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version