Author Topic: bumper rubber strips  (Read 2558 times)

Sirasila

bumper rubber strips
« on: September 19, 2011, 18:11:34 »
Just curious.  I know there are different kinds of requirements in certain countries that alters the looks.  Like the US headlights and the Euro, different colors of tail light lenses, bumper guard horns, etc.   But today I saw another Pagoda in Bangkok with a different kind of bumper than mine. It has rubber strips in the bumpers front and rear.  Are these normal?  Just curious.  a few decades of ownership and still lots to learn about the car. :)

jacovdw

Re: bumper rubber strips
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 19:45:39 »
Those rubber strips are not standard for any pagoda, irrespective of the market the car was intended for.

Looks like it was fitted on top of the chrome.

Sirasila

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 20:18:01 »
Here's a pic of the rear.
I thought it looked funny.  But then again I also thought the horned bumper guards on US cars looked kind of tacked on too, but they're standard there right?

jacovdw

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:56:09 »
Looks like that poor pagoda has a single tailpipe instead of the dual system.
That engine must be quite asthmatic...  ;)

The bumper over riders were standard for the US market at the time and is bolted to the bumpers. If I remember correctly, it could also be ordered as an optional extra.

Somehow, I prefer the clean lines of the Euro spec pagodas and I must admit that those rubbers strips on the photos you posted looks darn ugly.
However, one must credit the owner for his innovative approach to protect his bumpers against damage in those congested Bangkok streets.