W113 Pagoda SL Group > Wanted To Buy

considering a 280SL Automatic to buy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mike Hughes:

--- Quote from: Pinder on February 08, 2024, 14:21:17 ---Some how id like to keep my knees as long as I can; original only once.

--- End quote ---

I was of the same mind and tolerated the pain and increasingly limited mobility far too long.  I could hardly do more than walk and getting in and out of any car was a chore - driving a manual was downright uncomfortable.  Two partials in six weeks and good physical therapy after each procedure have given me back my quality of life.  If I have had any second thoughts, they are, "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

JamesL:
Appreciate that cost is a consideration not quite such an issue in the UK but...

I have a friend in her early 60s who had a new knee in November 2022. It was a 3d printed job to replicate the old one so apparently less trauma. I did the RideLondon 100 (miles/cycling) with her exactly 6 months later (May 2023), and her Strava stats for 2023 were run 225km, ride 7250km and 500km walking.

So she's getting good value from her new knee and has no pain

johnk:
I’m 67 but enjoy my job with no plans on retiring. I looked old limping around every time I got up until the soreness went away. I look and feel so much younger at work now as employees see me going running after work rather than limping around during the day. Shifting my pagoda is a breeze.

If I was as smart as Pinder though I would have used my knees to convince my wife I needed a second pagoda before my surgery.

Pinder:
Shes not convinced... yet

Bshaunessy:
Pinder
  Sorry to hear about the knee issue.   Recently had two new hips installed and have my life back.   I’ll join the choir and recommend you get a new knee vs a different PAGODA.
   However……..I have a 1970 280 SL, auto, air, ivory over ( new) black MB TEX interior, 95,000 miles, very well sorted and one of my ( summer ) daily drivers.  95,000 miles, I’m the 4th owner, originally delivered to California I think.   I acquired from Vancouver BC, Canada 3 years ago. My work: brakes, exhaust, 123 electronic ignition, sorted out cold start, TTS etc.   Needs nothing so maybe not enough of a challenge for you?
   I’m looking to acquire a 280 SL manual.
    A TRADE PERHAPS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version