W113 Pagoda SL Group > Question and comments on Originality

First Aid Kit

(1/4) > >>

MikeSimon:
In Germany it became mandatory to carry a first aid kit in your car, at one time in the 70s. I believe after production of the W113 ended. I saw a "holder" for a first aid box supposedly for a W113 offered for sale. My car never had one and I do not see it as an option for a W113. Does anybody know anything about this?

rwmastel:
Maybe that was a dealership item?  For sale for any model at the time?

There are a few discussion on our very own forum.
https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=20821.0

Pawel66:

--- Quote from: MikeSimon on December 19, 2023, 20:44:34 ---In Germany it became mandatory to carry a first aid kit in your car, at one time in the 70s. I believe after production of the W113 ended. I saw a "holder" for a first aid box supposedly for a W113 offered for sale. My car never had one and I do not see it as an option for a W113. Does anybody know anything about this?

--- End quote ---

Mike, we know a picture from W113 sales brochure showing this bracket and box. It was in Hans’ post. I will dig for it when I have a minute.

John Betsch - "SADIE":
My '65 230SL is a Germany delivered car.

When I acquired "Sadie" it came both with the yellow-cased "Warning Triangle" required by Germany TUV and the "Tack on Blue" fitted First Aid Kit (Verbandskasten).  Both were mounted in the boot using a heavy magnet on the forward boot wall, connected to nylon strapping.

The Winter 2005 Pagoda World notes in an article by Michael C. Egan (230/250/280 SL Optional Equipment) "The First Aid Kit was a tack on blue container usually mounted on the inner side wall behind the passenger seat."

Picture of mine attached.  Incidentally, mine is all written in German and luckily has never been used, completely intact

jb

MikeSimon:
I am familiar with the First Aid Kit box. I have one also. These were usually NOT delivered by the factory, but had to be purchased by the owner, together with the 'warning triangle", usually in a yellow plastic case. I also have an original 280SL sales brochure which does not have a picture of a first aid kit box holer nor does it mention one in the list of available accessories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version