Off Topic > Other cars

Story of your 107

<< < (2/3) > >>

cabrioletturbo:
+1 Jack. Finding any w107 with manual transmission let alone with 5sp is not an easy task. After a few years of looking, I landed a 1984 280SL, much like your car, Jack. Along the way I picked up a 1986 300SL for a good measure. Can't say that I am dissatisfied with either.

Pictured 300SL. Awaiting some AMG upgrades and euro lights this spring.

Jack Jones:
Well, if are showing pictures!

UJJ:
Beautiful car Jack

ja17:
Started out as a stock "all Euro spec" W107 450SLC. High compression, no emissions, lower variable rate springs all four corners, 4 speed manual transmission, lighter manual windows, no AC, aluminum hood, small lighter bumpers and 17 inch wheels and wide sticky tires. I replaced the rear diff with a 3.55 ratio was 2.89. Lightened exhaust (center muffler deleted). It smokes the tires, but fuel economy is not the best!

AGT:
Joe

I was about to compliment Jack on his lovely looking car and then your SLC Rally moved the game on yet again.

What a magnificent looking beast! That looks great fun to drive. Does the fixed roof make the SLC a better base for uprating than the convertible? While I would not insult a Benz by accusing it of scuttle shake my car does have a bit of a shimmy on broken roads. And it is really roly into the bends. If I cornered my 107 as hard as in your picture, the door handles would be scraping on the road.

Regards
Andrew

P.S. Lovely looking car Jack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version