Author Topic: Nice red tailights on ebay  (Read 2555 times)

Bob G

Nice red tailights on ebay
« on: September 21, 2006, 14:37:36 »
You szoon you lose. I just saw some reasonable priced red taillights on e-bay with the hard to fine bulb holders. Item 3 200029775854. under $500.00. These are hard to get orginal so if you are restoring a peroid SL they may be worth a look.

Bob Geco

enochbell

Re: Nice red tailights on ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 17:16:19 »
alas...red, but not all red, I think.

'64 230sl, fully sorted out...ooops, spoke too soon

joelj

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:26:22 »
what is the significance of the all red taillight for the pagoda? should it be all red with no white or yellow?

thanks

Joel

1969 280sl auto
White exterior
Blue interior

enochbell

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 16:17:48 »
The all-red version are correct for the early W113, and what distinguishes them is that they are no longer made (as opposed to the red and amber versions, correct for later model and which are expensive but available).  Here is the pic that appears in the ebay listing, I can't tell for sure but the middle section looks different from mine, it looks to have an amber hue and a different pattern.  Any other opinions?

Thanks,
g

Download Attachment: 1e_12.jpg
46.7 KB

'64 230sl, fully sorted out...ooops, spoke too soon

Bob G

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 23:21:16 »
Nope all red except for the clear revering lamp. I am going to follow till the auction ends. What is nice is the gentelman who is selling these had to put European lights with the amber end lamp on . The reverse of what we strive to contridict.
He is also encluding the bulb backing plates. I would buy this set except I need a place to sleep and I am too far in hauk to buy extra parts for my SL that  I already have several sets of. Still at the right price if the chrome is good enough and the lenses orginal for a dialy driver they be nice to have.

Bob Geco
1968 280SL European delivery