Author Topic: 230 SL Fuel Pump  (Read 4962 times)

230slhouston

230 SL Fuel Pump
« on: October 13, 2007, 19:41:27 »
I just installed a kit for my fuel pump. It is the older longer type, This stopped the leak but I forgot which wiring terminal goes to which end. It pumps out fuel either way. I do not want to take of the impeller cover to test the rotation.

Thanks MBP

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
Re: 230 SL Fuel Pump
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 05:35:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by 230slhouston

I just installed a kit for my fuel pump. It is the older longer type, This stopped the leak but I forgot which wiring terminal goes to which end. It pumps out fuel either way. I do not want to take of the impeller cover to test the rotation.

Thanks MBP

As you look at the terminals with the impeller facing down, the left terminal is '+'

http://www.sl113.org/forums/uploaded/naj/200793083738_EFP_Test.JPG

naj

68 280SL
68 280SL

George Des

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:21:44 »
Actually, the long pump will spin the correct way no matter how the wiring is connected--even though there is a right way and wrong way as Naj points out. This is not the case with the short pump--it will spin the wrong way if the wiring polarity is reversed or the "can" installed wrong. One thing to watch out for with both pumps, though, is that the vane must be re-installed with the narrow portion of the teeth pointing towards the motor section of the pump--otherwise the pump will not pump the fuel out.

George Des

230slhouston

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:44:29 »
Thank you all for the help. I was confused because I had the same flow rate no matter how I connected the terminals.

MBP