Author Topic: seat springs  (Read 1303 times)

hauser

seat springs
« on: April 01, 2020, 18:38:15 »

Alex D

• Silver
  • USA, NC, Cary
Re: seat springs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 20:36:00 »
Just my recent experience with seat spring cores.

Back in December I started looking for 2 seat spring cores, several vendors said they where NLA. Finally one highly reputable vendor many of us use in US said they had them, and I purchased them. The pics from the vendor looked exactly like the SLS pics in Hauser's link. 

I contacted several vendors who know Pagoda interiors, not just the local upholstery shops, about redoing my seats.  When I sent them the pics 2 vendors said the seat spring cores I got are for a Ponton and would not work, the third said there is a 50/50 chance they might work with some modifications.  The vendor I got them from said to return them for full refund and they even paid for the shipping. 

I am not saying the SLS are incorrect, but they maybe, I would just be very cautious.  If someone does get them from SLS and they are correct, please let me know, I will be next line to get them if they are indeed correct.

Alex 
Alex D
1967 250 SL
Original 140K mi
181 Light Beige, with  112 Turquoise Interior

wwheeler

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • USA, TX, Dallas
Re: seat springs
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 03:55:58 »
I can't say that they will work for a Pagoda seat, but they are not anywhere near the same as a Ponton seat. I just rebuilt the seats on my Ponton coupe and the entire construction is different. All Pontons have a solid pan at the bottom including the 190SL. See attached.

My W111 coupe is similar in construction the Pagoda seat and looks about the same as the one SLS pictures. Again, I am not saying it will work, I just know that it is not for a Ponton car.
Wallace
Texas
'68 280SE W111 coupe
'60 220SE W128 coupe
'70 Plymouth Roadrunner 440+6