Author Topic: Dying Sunvisors  (Read 2646 times)

n/a

Dying Sunvisors
« on: June 27, 2004, 10:44:54 »
Does anyone know what the Mercedes color is (or color code) for the sunvisors. Several places sell dye, but need a color. Is it Parchment? Also who has experience with either Leatherique's or World Upholstery's vinyl dye? Did you spray or brush it on?

Douglas

Re: Dying Sunvisors
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 11:26:05 »
Headliners came in 3 colors -- white (9002), cream (8036), and bamboo (8038). I assume visors came in the same colors. I know I've seen white and bamboo sunvisors, so I assume there was a cream as well.

What color is your interior? A red interior, for example, takes a cream headliner.

I've used Leatherique's dye and it's excellent for vinyl. It can be applied with a brush without any streaking.

(BTW, did you ever sell those extra chrome pieces of trim you had?)

Douglas Kim
New York, NY
280 SL #016220
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 11:29:31 by Douglas »

n/a

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 19:40:45 »
Douglas,
My interior was black, with silver exterior, but now it is red leather. I guess I should go with either cream or white then.

I am in the end strech of my restoration, and as soon as I finish next month, I will sell all the excess parts I have purchased.
Thanks

n/a

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 15:01:22 »
Some owners, myself included, enjoy the look of the sunvisors being the same color as the interior.  This is easy thanks to Leatherique.  They can match your color exactly with an easy to use water based dye.  It is brushed on.
Best regards,
Don

quote:
Originally posted by SD280SL

Does anyone know what the Mercedes color is (or color code) for the sunvisors. Several places sell dye, but need a color. Is it Parchment? Also who has experience with either Leatherique's or World Upholstery's vinyl dye? Did you spray or brush it on?