Author Topic: list of bulbs and retailers?  (Read 3518 times)

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
list of bulbs and retailers?
« on: May 27, 2008, 22:21:56 »
I have searched and not found a comprehensive list of the light bulbs needed in the SL -- I was hoping for reference numbers for bulbs still in production (unlike "OSRAM 7527" for example).  I can find close matches at various websites, but one site has one bulb, and another website has another bulb.   Specifically, I'm looking for a place where I can buy the 18 watt turn and brake lights, the 15 watt reverse light, the 4 watt park light and other park light, the front US fog light bulb (35 watt?), etc.   This seems like it should be easy but it isn't the case.  Most of the websites want to sell "upgrade" LED bulbs or halogen bulbs, neither of which I want.  Seems like something that would be in a WIKI... am I not looking in the right place?   Thanks, Scott
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
Re: list of bulbs and retailers?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:54:04 »
A very helpful source is Daniel Stern Lighting at  www.danielsternlighting.com  

You can send an email or call him...he can tell you about every W113 original bulb and the modern replacement.

My opinion: original bulbs are nice but many of these cars have now installed Halogen, etc. Judges do not deduct for new style bulbs as they are a "safety" feature...the amount of light and bulb life is substantially increased.

Daniel Stern is listed in the Tech Manual of Suppliers. The Tech Manual has several sections on bulbs and lighting.

Richard M, NYC
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
Re: list of bulbs and retailers?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 06:23:25 »
Scot,

This thread may help:

http://index.php?topic=2679

naj
68 280SL