Author Topic: Australian 1964 230SL  (Read 4295 times)

aussieneil

Australian 1964 230SL
« on: August 22, 2008, 05:56:55 »
Hello all. I joined this forum back when I purchased this car some years back, but have not been active for some time following disillusionment with some members (md...... was the main one)after I put up a comprehensive database of photographs of my original, unrestored RHD 1964 230SL.

Now that circumstances have forced me to sell this, my last and favourite classic car, I thought I might as well re-register and post some photos taken during my much-enjoyed time with the car, a very attractive example with original factory Horizon Blue paintwork with Parchment interior (and controversial, but definitely original grey sill panels!)

Enjoy the pictures of this stunning car!

When it sells (which it must in the next 90 days) it will signal the end of a love affair I will never forget! In my 35 years of enjoying classic cars, none has been as gorgeous and genuine as this one.

For restorers wishing to accurately determine the details for their cars, I have retained and upgraded the page at http://www.grouseguitars.com.au/merc/details.htm with 75 detailed photographs for you.

Cheers, and all the best with your beautiful pagodas!

Neil
Melbourne, Australia

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
Re: Australian 1964 230SL
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:33:01 »
Thanks for the pix link, Neil.

Sorry to hear it has to go[:(!]

naj
68 280SL