Author Topic: The Rubber Stoppers Between the Door Panel and the Door Frame  (Read 5910 times)

Tomnistuff

• Gold
  • Canada, Qc, Levis
Pagoda Notes Volume 1 Issue 3 of June 2007:  On page three is a "Parts No Longer Available Wish List".  The subject of this thread is the fourth item on the list.

I can't find anything that meets that description in the EPC, so I have to try to imagine what the missing item is.

Are they little rubber or plastic flanged cups that go in the door frame holes, and into which you plug the spring clips to hold the door panel in place while inserting the door panel screws?

Does someone have a photograph of the elusive no-longer-available "Rubber Stopper"?

I encountered what I think is a similar problem during the restoration of a vintage Ferrari and solved it by finding some parts in Australia (from Canada).  I may have had the only 40 year old Ferrari in existance with the right door panel parts.

Can someone identify the "mystery part"?  Maybe we should drop back one level to the "Pagoda SL Group" level and start a thread to solve the problem of the "Parts No Longer Available Wish List".

I love a challenge, especially when someone says, "It's no longer available, so don't waste your time."  I'm 67 years old and haven't given up yet!

Tom Kizer
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 17:15:41 by TOMNISTUFF »
Apparently late 1966 230SL 4-spd manual (Italian Version)
Owned since 1987 and wrapping up a full rotisserie restoration/modernization.
Was: Papyrus White 717G with Turquoise MBtex 112 and Kinderseat
Is: Dark Blue 332G with Dark Blue Leather (5300, I think)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Tomnistuff

• Gold
  • Canada, Qc, Levis
Re: The Rubber Stoppers Between the Door Panel and the Door Frame
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 20:28:50 »
I'm sorry, Peter.  I still can't figure out what part (rubber stopper) is being discussed.  Is there a photo somewhere or is there a part number that might show up in the EPC?  I've even searched all the restoration photos that I could find.
Tom Kizer
Apparently late 1966 230SL 4-spd manual (Italian Version)
Owned since 1987 and wrapping up a full rotisserie restoration/modernization.
Was: Papyrus White 717G with Turquoise MBtex 112 and Kinderseat
Is: Dark Blue 332G with Dark Blue Leather (5300, I think)

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
Re: The Rubber Stoppers Between the Door Panel and the Door Frame
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 22:28:05 »
Tom,
same here, don't know of any "rubber stoppers between the door panels and the door frame".
At one point one could not buy the cup shaped stoppers that you mentioned but they are now available again:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/300666068557
Perhaps the originator of this wild goose chase had these stoppers in mind?
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)