Author Topic: Car Info at Shows  (Read 3126 times)

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
Car Info at Shows
« on: June 06, 2004, 19:13:40 »
Was at a shopping mall Vintage Car Day today. I had a "Take One" box filled with 50 copies of an information sheet about Pagodas. About 35 people took one. I watched some of the couples read a part of the page then discuss soemthing about the car.

Problem: I  haven't found an "elegant", convenient way to offer car literature. I don't want to put give-away materials in the car as it encourages too many hands in the car. A pile of pages under rock on the hood or truck is not very inviting.

The windshield wipers rest in the middle and require too long a reach to take a sheet held by the wipers.

The best I have done so far is a homemade box wedged behind the bumper guard held by a rubber band. It does not detract too much from the car appearance and seems convenient for takers.

There must be a better way to do this...anyone have a suggestion for offering Take-Ones??

Download Attachment: TakeOne.jpg
40.28 KB

Richard M

1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Car Info at Shows
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 07:33:45 »
Hello Richard,

I think I have an idea for you...A company called Deflecto makes several kinds and styles of plexiglas literature holders.  You could get one of these in the form you need, perhaps mount it on a tripod or other device to elevate it, AWAY from the car, and they will hold your brochures.  Some of them will even allow you to have an information sheet that can be read in addition to holding those that can be taken, allowing you to give people information without everyone taking a brochure.  You could also visit a Michael's (arts and crafts store chain) and they have these pre-fab science fair kits, http://www.hunt-corp.com/office/showtime/officeframe.html which would allow you to have a montage about the Pagoda's and you could add one of the literature display devices, and simply anchor it to the ground away from the car.  I think when you see these things your creative juices will begin to flow, and you can devise the best thing to work for you.

http://www.deflecto.com  then click on literature holders and or deluxe literature holders.  Many of their products can be purchased on line from varioud office supply stores.  I hope this helps.

BTW can you email me or post the contents of your brochure?  I'd like to see it.

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid