Author Topic: Not my usual thing...  (Read 2683 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Not my usual thing...
« on: March 13, 2013, 23:53:01 »
I don't normally post hese things, but this one struck a nerve with me...

Hi, I'm working on a project that I need to get in front of the correct people.  I'm hoping you, or someone in your contact list will be interested in this project. I am artistically photographing "The Automotive Artisans Attention to Detail" for a historical record of the automotive industry in a searchable database. With 5000 images, I currently have the largest automotive collection online and they are free to view. I've spent 8000 hours and my own savings to begin this project.  I believed the sale of art prints would fund it's continuation.   It hasn't. Please take a moment to view my images, to see it's validity for yourself.

jill-reger.artistwebsites.com

I am looking for ideas, but more importantly, introductions to other car enthusiasts, dealership owners, people looking to decorate office spaces, interior designers, magazines, publishers etc. I am also wondering about grants or some sort of sponsorship. Someone suggested I open an Indiegog account where people can make small donations to the project.  I just started it, so don't be concerned if there are no donations... you could be the first.

http://igg.me/at/igg-jillreger/x/2579311

Your time is valuable so thank you for reading this far.  And thank you for any assistance you can provide in introductions to people who might be interested in my project. If you are taking an interest, at the bottom of this email are some of the things I've tried and hurdles I have come across.

Unfortunately, every car enthusiast with a camera markets themselves as an automotive photographer, hounding all aspects of the automotive industry.  Much like screen plays in LA.  Often people in the automotive industry will disregard any direct approach from a photographer and will only look at the work if it is sent to them by a third party.  I consider myself extremely fortunate to have gotten your attention.

Also, I used too much of my own savings to fund the project, thus far,  and did not leave myself enough for a rainy day.  I broke both my arms 4 months ago.  It doesn't rain any harder than that for a self-employed photographer. Because of this, I can do absolutely nothing that requires even a penny.  No advertising, no club contributions, no donation of art for silent auctions, no artist sponsored hangings, no booths at shows. The help I desire the most, would be word of mouth regarding my collection to hopefully increase my sales to fund the project, as I had originally intended.

The FWD key on your computer might be the key to solving all my problems. Thanks again.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking interest in this project.

Jill Reger
602-791-7048
jill@jillreger.com

TWITTER:  @jillregerphoto

TO PURCHASE FINE ART PRINTS:  http://jill-reger.artistwebsites.com/

HOOD ORNAMENT BOOK:  http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1917417
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 23:58:05 by Peter van Es »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!