Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Electrical and Instruments / Re: Turn Signal Relay Buzzing?
« Last post by acbrock on Today at 02:10:30 »
Ok last post before I put myself on Suspension.  Put it all back together and connect the correct plug to the correct socket and everything works again. 
« Last post by acbrock on Today at 00:45:48 »
OMG!OMG!  I dont even know how to deal with this.  I was just going to delete my account and disappear into the darkness.  I am at least a week into this mess. Probably 2. I have ripped everything apart.

I am an IDIOT.  I was just sitting here and thought.  Maybe I should go check and see if the other connector next to this one is the same size.  It is. I have ripped apart the wrong Female connector.  Just popped the cap off the other one.  Matches all the wires.  Wow.

I am soooo sorry I have wasted all of your time!  I will banish myself from Posting for a while!  What a mess I have created now for probably no reason.

I really dont want to hit "post" on this one.
« Last post by acbrock on May 17, 2024, 23:56:50 »
Also... When I first Joined this forum I had just begun and the first issue was the Speed had white goo all over it.  I could not figure it out and thru this forum I realized it was the rubber covers for the Speedo and Tach that melted onto all the parts.  Could never figure out how that happened.  I am guessing now that at some point in the 80s when the original owners son drove the car and put in a modern radio he must have jacked all this up and probably had himself a little electrical fire that melted this rubber caps and force them to replace (poorly) all these wires.  Just a guess but might explain this whole mess.
« Last post by acbrock on May 17, 2024, 23:53:56 »
Lee I will go back in and see if I can trace that wire and see if it goes to 2....

I am gong to dig into this but thought I would post while I needed a break..... So... I started opening up the wires...

I tried to trace all the wires going into my Connector... There were 11 Wires.

This sounds bonkers to me after looking at the Wiring Diagram but I will study it again and see if I can trace all of these on there....

Pin1:Blue/Black goes to Fuse 5
Pin2:Blue/Red goes to Fuse 2
Pin3:Blue/Black (with Pin5) goes to the other plug Mounted up near where the fuse box mounts
Pin4:Blue goes to the the thing I thought initially was the wiper relay near the wiper motor but I think was corrected it is a Voltage Regulator
Pin5:Blue/Green (with Pin3) goes to the other plug Mounted up near where the fuse box mounts
Pin6:White/Blue goes to Fuse9
Pin7:Brown ground
Pin8:Black/Green (with Pin12) Goes to a plug that splits to front and back so assuming these or the original wires and are the blinkers!
Pin9:White/Violet goes to Fuse7
Pin10:No Wire
Pin11:Blue/White (3Wires all Blue/White go into another wire wrap that looks like it heads into behind the instruments and dash
Pin12:Black/White (with Pin8) Goes to a plug that splits to front and back so assuming these or the original wires and are the blinkers!

I logged the wires on the Plugs to the Wiper Motor, Wiper Washer, Front Light plug and rear light plug but I need to sort them out.
« Last post by Leester on May 17, 2024, 22:34:34 »
Relay I get power but not on 56 but 56B?

You are supposed to get power on the plug connector that corresponds to 56b on the ww relay. And power should come from fuse 2. Can you tell where that wire goes to?  Fuse 2?
Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes / Re: Injectors
« Last post by lurtch on May 17, 2024, 22:25:53 »
This is a re-post of the bench check apparatus I designed and used used in 2020. The Vimeo link is still active.

Larry in CA

I have been experiencing some rough running on start up along with indications of
a overly rich mixture. After verifying that all the standard mechanical engine settings are satisfactory,
I decided to check out the more difficult one: bad fuel atomization at the tip of the fuel injector. My suspicions were confirmed because three of my injectors had poor dispersion patterns.

I was able to find a cheap hydro-static tester on Amazon for about US $ 50.00.

I fabricated a holding fixture, silver-soldered a tubing joint, and assembled some fittings and it was ready to start testing
individual injectors.

The book value pressure required to lift the injector pintle is 213 - 256 psi. (15kg/cm2 - 18kg/cm2)   At these pressures a good injector will disburse a very good spray pattern. (see videos) There is an internal filter (not accessible) that can distort the flow of fuel which causes this disruption in the spray pattern. (see videos)     https://vimeo.com/385872636

Regards,

Larry in CA
Items for Sale / Re: 1971 Pagoda Project for Sale (car is gone)
« Last post by Garry on May 17, 2024, 21:54:31 »
Sorry Howard, I missed that.

Good luck with sales.

Garry
Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes / Re: Injectors
« Last post by russelljones48 on May 17, 2024, 21:27:45 »
Thank you.  All of my injectors were retested and although the patterns look good and they chirp as desired the pop pressures are below the minimum of 15 atm or 220.4 psi, per the gauge they pop at 200-210 psi.  Gauge tested (actually reads a little high) as a precaution and the conclusion is that the injectors all pop below spec...   :( :(

Electrical and Instruments / Re: Tach Works but Whines!
« Last post by Benz Dr. on May 17, 2024, 21:20:45 »
The main part of a tach or speedo has a shaft with a magnetic flywheel on the end inside of the gauge. The grease on this shaft will dry out or harden overtime and your tach or speedo will complain LOUDLY This is a problem in colder climates but the noise usually go away once it warms up inside your car.

Gauge needs lubrication and cleaning in most cases.
« Last post by acbrock on May 17, 2024, 20:55:46 »
Folding wire is Red White Blue.  So 1 wire is original!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10