Author Topic: New Fog Light Reflectors from Germany / Europe  (Read 6257 times)

n/a

New Fog Light Reflectors from Germany / Europe
« on: May 01, 2003, 21:50:01 »
Hi.

In reading the technical forums, under lighting; I saw that someone mentioned that in Europe or Germany you could still buy NEW refelctors for the internal fog lights in the pre-71 US spec headlight doors.

This was in response to someone wanting to restore these relectors or re-silver them.

Is this true?  Any suppliers or contacts?  If yes I have a friend in Germany who can maybe stop by a dealer.

kayvan007@hotmail.com

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
Re: New Fog Light Reflectors from Germany / Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 23:39:08 »
Please check one of the European vendors such as:
Niemoller: http://www.niemoeller.de/englisch/index.html
Van Dijk: www.classicsl.com
SLS: www.sls-hh.de
There are others as well like DB Depot, but I don't have their address handy.
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

n/a

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 14:25:36 »
I could not find any, so I sanded mine down to bare metal, primed them, and then resprayed them with reflective paint I obtained from Eastwood Co.

n/a

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 16:03:21 »
Thanks, I did the same thing about 12 years ago; when I had to salvage the reflectors/socket holders from my old headlight doors.

Sanded/brillo'd them down then; then sparyed on chrome paint from the hardware store. Looked kinda matte; but was much brighter than the rust from before and was fine.

Infortunately the headlight doors are not waterproof and the rust came back.  I've read rave reviews about this "reflective aluminum" paint [part # 100652] from Eastwood 800-345-1178; supoosed its the closest paint to chrome plating or polished aluminum

Looks like I will be re-doing this as most Euro dealers have replied that they don't have'em.