Author Topic: Blink Arm VDO Switch  (Read 288 times)

acbrock

• Silver
  • USA, CA, Santa Monica
Blink Arm VDO Switch
« on: April 01, 2024, 19:36:12 »
Hi, so ended up pulling out the Arm but cannot figure out how to get the VDO Black switch off?  Seems like it is 2 parts.  I don't remember if it worked ( I know the blinkers did).  The wipers never worked so never tried those functions.  Figured I would check it out before I asssumed it work...  It seems to move around but I don't want to pull it and snap something because it is plastic...    I thought I read somewhere that you had to drill out a little hole but can't find that post now and wanted to check if that is really the only option?
Thanks
A
1966 230SL Automatic 717G Papyrus White "Minny"

BobH

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, MALDON
Re: Blink Arm VDO Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 20:05:09 »
This is also in the tech manual now.  Seems you do have to drill a hole in the case to extract the pin

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=18780.msg131242#msg131242
February 1965 230SL Automatic
UK delivered RHD
Papyrus white, blue hard top & hub caps
Blue soft top
Blue leather

acbrock

• Silver
  • USA, CA, Santa Monica
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 20:06:50 »
Ha!  Thanks BOB.  I was just coming back to my post to say after more searches I found the original post about the pin and drilling it out.   You beat me to it.  But I am getting faster!
I guess to the Dremel we go.
A

acbrock

• Silver
  • USA, CA, Santa Monica
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 23:52:27 »
Cool got it all apart.  So I just drilled a tiny hole next to the pin and one on the other side.   But turns out I only needed 1 little hole because I knudged the pin out with just one side.   My pin had a hole in the top so after getting it out I think I could have put a little super glue on a toothpick shoved it in the hole and let it set up and then wiggled it out.   But who knows!  Next time!