Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Electrical and Instruments / Re: Fuel Gage Not Working
« Last post by acbrock on Today at 20:00:57 »
Haha.  I was doing more searching and found a great post on the Fuel Sender / Gage.  Half way down I saw that I posted in it last summer and went thru all this to determine my sender was bad!  So I will reread everything and do all the tests that I guess I did last summer.   Hopefully I will figure it out and if the sender went bad I hope MB will replace it.
Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes / Linkage issues
« Last post by Camhi on Today at 19:45:17 »
Hey community, having trouble getting my car into park and have a great suspicion that there is a linkage problem. I also think that bushings have to be replaced as a result. Any idea where I can find bushings to help fix this issue?
W11x chassis cars / Re: 1961 220Sb stalls when choke is pushed in.
« Last post by badali on Today at 19:39:40 »
I just took the car around the block today.  It does run better with the idle jets cleaned.  It stalled when I stopped at a stop sign while fully warmed up.  The points are set at .016.  The book says .012-.016 or metric .3-.4.  Believe it or not in almost 40 years I have never had to use a dwell meter.  So I'm thinking it's time to learn...
Electrical and Instruments / Re: Fuel Gage Not Working
« Last post by acbrock on Today at 19:36:52 »
Or is there a way to test the fuel sender?

I just put my meter on it.  So I get NO continuity between the Ground / G or W Pins on the Sender.  Only continuity with the Ground Pin and the Copper place holder pin.

When I test from continuity with the wires...

W pin has Continuity with the 4 Pin on the Plug
G pin with the 5 Pin on Plug
Earth Pin to the 6 Pin on the Plug.

Electrical and Instruments / Fuel Gage Not Working
« Last post by acbrock on Today at 18:59:29 »
So I am not getting a reading on the fuel gage.  This did work months ago.  I replaced the fuel sender and it was great.  My wiring mess I assume messed it up.  I checked all the wires today they seem good.  The wires to the plug at 5 & 6 Black Blue and Blue Black I thought maybe were reversed but so I swapped them and still nothing.

I checked the Plug on the fuel send with a MultiMeter.  On the G I am getting 12v on the W something like 5 or 6.  So power is making it back to the sender.  Is there something I could have fried in the actual Fuel gage or should it have blow the fuse first?

My question is... I am trying to see if there is a way to isolate this problem to either the gage or the Fuel sender.  With my Power inverter if I send some power from the plug in the trunk that should engage the Fuel gage if the sender is the issue?  Question is how would I do that? My guess would be is to send some power down the W Terminal since the G is producing 12v?  Or I could do it at the switch and send some power into the 5 or 6 Terminal?  Maybe that is safer?  Or am I just crazy and need to pull out the Instrument Cluster to diagnose this?
Body, interior, paint, chrome, and cosmetic items / Missing Chrome?
« Last post by acbrock on Today at 16:08:24 »
Hi,
So after getting it all back together I have a gap on the Frame of the car at the door.  I found my original picture and there is a gap there too.  Anyone have a picture of how this should look? I have found a few that show the Dash piece covering it but mine did not fit that way.  Also am I missing a piece of chrome that would cover this or is it just supposed to be painted?  This pic is the original, I will post what it looks like also when I find that picture...
General Discussion / Re: Concours/Resto Mod Restoration Shop
« Last post by kampala on Today at 15:16:31 »
Ramair,

Great that you joined as a "full member" and would really appreciate you keeping us in the loop if you do proceed with this project.    Even some of us purists really do respect the custom work.
I would give Metric Motors a call and ask for advise. They have certainly come across that.
https://mercedesengines.net/
Dirk
I believe the vibration damper is also just slightly offset like the distributor drive so you "can't" install it 180* off. Not quite enough offset and you can "make" it fit. Not sure why, but seems MB should have made the offset just a tad more.
Bueno!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10