Author Topic: Correct Address - an update  (Read 1125 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Correct Address - an update
« on: February 28, 2022, 15:06:49 »
I thought I'd provide a short update to the topic that began here, last year:

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=33467.0

Only a few of the USA books (this is Pagoda World Book, Volumes I & II) that were sent out July and November 2021 were returned. In one case the recipient didn't have a forwarding address on file with the PO and it was held and eventually returned. In another case it was an undeliverable address. In yet another case there was also a move without a forwarding address, and the new tenant disavowed any knowledge of receiving the book--despite proof of delivery.

Most peculiarly, three books to one country of Volume II were returned to Ireland, the point of dispatch. In these cases it was a mix of being away from home for an extended period (and no provision for mail holding) and just plain postal errors on the part of the recipient's local postal office. How these were concentrated in one country is a bit of a mystery as it didn't happen at all for Volume I.

In another case to an Eastern European country, where perhaps the populace may rightfully so be suspicious of unknown packages, the delivery was refused since "I was not expecting any package from Ireland".

All in all, considering the volume of book shipments that went out (over 1,000 between the two volumes) from USA, Ireland, Australia, UK and Canada, to dozens of countries, I believe we achieved an extremely successful delivery rate. Of those mentioned (and maybe a couple I forgot about) all eventually received their book after a reshipment and correction of any address errors.

Unfortunately I can only read English with any accuracy, but if you go to that first thread, you'll note that many addresses were corrected by respective postal system's computers for standardized addresses. If you do NOT know what your "standardized address" is, a visit to your own country's postal system website may provide you with the answer. That's always the address we need for anything that ships to you, including Pagoda World magazine.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Correct Address - an update
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 21:24:27 »
Thanks Mike, for this update.

Please note: You can update your address details (and all other aspects of your membership, such as your e-mail address) yourself... go to the menubar, choose Profile and then Membership.

Please do not mail the admin or the membership secretaries with mailing address updates, do it yourself! We thank you!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!