Author Topic: Help with chrome trim on windshield  (Read 3420 times)

n/a

Help with chrome trim on windshield
« on: November 21, 2003, 20:11:59 »
I am re-installing the chrome trim that goes on the top frame and side pillars of the windshield. There is one piece that transverses from one side of the winshield to the other side, there is a shorter thin piece that fits in the center, and two end chrome covers that fir on the ends of the top windshield frame. My question is: Does the small thin center chrome strip and chrome end covers fit "beneath" the long chrome top cover, where it meets towards the interior, or do those 3 center and end pieces overlap the rear most part of the long chrome top cover??
I know this is hard to imagine, but if someone could look at their's (only of the hardtop is off) then I would appreciate the response. My pixs beforehand do not show clearly enough. Thanks in advance.

n/a

Re: Help with chrome trim on windshield
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 08:28:56 »
SD,
From appearances, the side pieces fit on first with the long transverse chrome piece covering the top of the side pieces. There are 3 pieces that fit over the rear-most part of the long transverse piece. These pieces have end caps that are next to the recepticles for the top latches that go on next, then the latch recepticles.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stan

n/a

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 16:46:45 »
Stan,
Could you please clarify something for me. the top of the windshield has one chrome cover that goes from the left to right pillar top. Then there are two end pieces that fit on the ends of the top cover, and cover the top of the left and right pillar. Do these two pieces fit "underneath" or "on top" of the long chrome cover?? Also there is a thin center chrome piece that curls under , where the rear view mirror probably is, does this piece fit over or under the top chrome piece??
Your help would be appreciated.

n/a

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 20:30:20 »
SD,
I am unable to see any chrome pieces that fit on the ends over the top of the pillars. The top of the windshield frame is covered by the single long chrome piece. This fits over the top end of the chrome pieces that cover the A pillars.
There are pieces that fit at the rear of the top chrome piece, between this chrome piece and the interior trim piece that runs along the back of the top of the frame. These pieces fit over the long top chrome piece.
I hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Stan