Author Topic: Central Texas Pagoda  (Read 1298 times)

CBW280SL

• Junior Level
  • USA, TX, Waco
Central Texas Pagoda
« on: May 31, 2023, 02:50:50 »
Hello all,

Up until this point, I’ve done a lot more reading on this forum than I have done posting. I have just began work on a 1969 280SL and am reaching out to possibly connect with another member who lives in the Waco/Central Texas area, or to see if someone could point me in the direction of someone in my area they know to have worked on these style Mercedes.  Very much appreciate any input, and hoping to retain some of my cautious optimism as I continue this journey! Figure I’d include a picture cause those are always fun to look at.
Chris
1969 280SL
2018 Buick Regal TourX

wwheeler

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • USA, TX, Dallas
Re: Central Texas Pagoda
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 03:45:38 »
There is a member in Austin and a few in Dallas. You can do a search in the members area under location. Check TX and or cities in Texas. Roymil is probably the closest and most active. He is knowledgeable on the 113.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 03:56:32 by wwheeler »
Wallace
Texas
'68 280SE W111 coupe
'60 220SE W128 coupe
'70 Plymouth Roadrunner 440+6

CBW280SL

• Junior Level
  • USA, TX, Waco
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 15:08:13 »
Thank you, I appreciate the tip.
Chris
1969 280SL
2018 Buick Regal TourX

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 16:38:31 »
This kind of question is why our events and get togethers are so important: to meet other owners, and see other cars, and share knowledge and experiences. The upcoming PagodaFest in Chicago is going to be a big one...

...but even casual GTG's (get togethers) are great. This past weekend we had about 15 show up in the awful rain in the central NC Village of Pinehurst. Every owner was willing to share their journey with anyone; new members and even the mildly curious. There was a recent Pagodas and Beer in San Diego. Don't wait for someone else to take up the cause, organize a GTG and make it happen.

Don't go it alone. Make friends here on the forums, and try to meet any Pagoda people you can!
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 16:48:08 »
You can do a search in the members area under location.
FYI - I think you have to be a Full Member to get this option to view the membership list.  It is very useful for organizing get togethers!!  Sort by location column and then get to the page that has your local area.  Meet new friends!
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL

roymil

• Senior
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 17:05:27 »
Hello,
Yes, I'm in Austin with my yellow '68 and I know there are a couple others in central Texas too.  Also a new member in SanAntonio I think.  We may be getting critical mass around here to have a meet up if we can all get them running and available at the same time. 

I've been out of town and had less time recently, but am looking forward to getting into the next stages of my resurrection project this summer.  I just received a new sway bar to go with the Koni's I just installed.  It's like Christmas!  My car was in pretty bad shape when I pulled it out of a storage unit after 18yrs so I've done about every drivetrain or suspension project short of cracking the block, and am happy to help out.  I'd love to get together if you get down to Austin.  A shame that I just drove through Waco yesterday on the way back from Greenville N.C., (not in the 280, I'm not that crazy) but as some might confirm, now that I've gotten the engine running so nice, I'm not shy about driving it a few hundred miles just for coffee and conversation if the rest of my life will allow the time. 
Mark Miller
1968 280SL
Rode in his pagoda's first mile.

CBW280SL

• Junior Level
  • USA, TX, Waco
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 01:55:15 »
Mark,

I would very much enjoy meeting up and hearing more about you and your story with your vehicle. I will message you if I ever get down to Austin, and hope you do the same if you’re passing through Waco and have a minute to spare.  I have 2 boys, a 1 year old and a 3 year who keep me pretty busy most days, and it can sometimes be difficult to get away, but I’ll let you know if and when I come down your way.
Chris
1969 280SL
2018 Buick Regal TourX