Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I don't believe so. It lived in Germany with it's original owner from 1966-1981, before moving to California where it had some restoration work done before being sold to a lady in Vermont who kept it until 2022.
I suppose it may have been left outside in Vermont some of the time. The dry leaves and pine needdles I find in every nook and cranny lead me to think so!
Pagoda Spotting / Re: Twitter - Patty Boyd
« Last post by GM on Today at 21:01:38 »
Patty Boyd was the inspiration behind George's "Something" and Eric's "Wonderful Tonight"  8)
hi,
so after reading other posts on tdc, i went back out an looked for the slash on my old disti.

ended up rotating the 123 180 degrees.  now the rotor and #1 line up.

Sometimes it's more convenient, because of the ignition wire length and vacuum port location, to rotate the distributor drive instead.
Wow, that's frustrating!
Keep us posted...
Way Off Topic / Pour tous nos membres français...
« Last post by mdsalemi on Today at 20:28:16 »
If any of our French members would like to send me...anything...with one of these new stamps, I'll gladly reciprocate a favor in some manner of mutual choosing.

For those that do not know, these are new stamps for France, international postage, that are "scratch and sniff" with the smell of freshly baked baguette...what a fabulous idea!
hello
installed the 123 today, 

followed the instructions, car started and idled, went to adjust the timing with my timing light.
car died.

went back, re did the installation, car still will not run.   every once in a while i get a pop

0 231 116 051 old disti, used a timing curve of "8", re using bosch red coil.

e mailed 123 for technical assistance
hi,
so after reading other posts on tdc, i went back out an looked for the slash on my old disti.

ended up rotating the 123 180 degrees.  now the rotor and #1 line up.
Drive train, fuel, suspension, steering & brakes / confirming tdc
« Last post by merrill on Today at 19:18:00 »
hello
beginners question, but wanted to confirm that i have the motor in TDC

#1 cylinder valves are at 11 and 2  (more or less)
distributor rotor is at 4 o'clockish
cam timing mark is at noon (top)
crank is at just after zero (around 4 btdc)

installing 123 disti and want to make sure i have this all correct

thank you in advance

« Last post by mdsalemi on Today at 18:45:25 »
George being George Harrison and Eric = Eric Clapton. Apparently she dated or married both. I had never heard of Patty Boyd.

!!

Famous model of the 1960s that sported the "mod" young British look, along with Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton, Celia Hammond, Tania Mallet to name a few. Do a search for any of these names and you'll probably find some familiarity with some old advertisements. (sadly I think you may not recognize the faces of those still alive today!)

Yes, Patty Boyd married to both George Harrison and Eric Clapton but not at the same time. A muse to both I would think.
« Last post by mmizesko on Today at 18:37:51 »
Eric subsequently married a gal from Columbus, OH near me.  One of his residences is here, as is his 300SL Gullwing.  There have been sightings, but none personally.   No Pagodas, obviously.

Mike
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10