Author Topic: new paint  (Read 2724 times)

rmmchl

• Silver
  • USA, WV, Charleston
new paint
« on: January 04, 2011, 23:34:31 »
yahoooooooooo!!!!!                  we are ready to shoot on the paint. 25 years since the first paintjob on my 250sl signal red----------------------this time-I removed everybit of everything--------------my bodyshop has block sanded everything now and fixed some imperfections----He really did one heck of a job.-------I don't let anyone touch the hood but me, because of the hinge adjustments. I removed the battery and unbolted the hood from the body on one side, then I slide the hood to the other side a little to remove it from the pin on the other side. He painted the under side of the hood and trimmed in the engine compartment with the base and clear coat.   I will go back over there in a few days and place the torsion rod, and internal hood hardware, and re-install----------then it will be time to shoot the rest of the car. There was no need to do the door jambs this time.------ I live in charleston wv. -I dread driving 550 miles to Bud's in Atlanta to have the vinyl placed on the soft top compartment. I don't trust mailing it, because the journey would probably scratch the new paint-----------------I have all spring to put everything back at my leisure. It will be ready by spring
michael romeo           
1967  250sl
signal red

badali

• Platinum
  • USA, Pa, Butler
  • 1966 230SL
Re: new paint
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 01:51:48 »
Did you take any pictures along the way?  I always like to see the progress.
Brad
Brad

1961 220 Sb
1966 230 SL
2019 E 450 4 Matic
2022 GLC 300 4 Matic

rmmchl

• Silver
  • USA, WV, Charleston
Re: new paint
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:28:11 »
i will take some pictures next week and see if I can put them on here