Author Topic: New E class uncomfortable seats  (Read 6993 times)

Alf

• Senior
  • England, Surrey, Lightwater
New E class uncomfortable seats
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:18:31 »
I had a test drive yesterday in a new E class. befroe the test drive I was sure I would be ordering a new one and now not so sure. The standard seat cushions in both the 350 SE and 350 AMG sport diesel pinched my bum. it felt like the seat bolsters were too narrow and I was sitting on them rather than between them. Im pretty big (6'5") and 255lbs but I have never felt this in other cars; mercs, recent fords, citroens etc..

Anyone own one of these cars that has had a similar experience? Does it soften up after a short while? How about the dynamic seat option?
Alf
'69 280SL. Silver (180 G) with black hardtop

Rodolfo

Re: New E class uncomfortable seats
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:23:01 »
I drove a lot of Mercedes E, CLS, SL, C, ... Most of the time very good seats.

We have now at home a 2011 E-class and a 2010 C-class. The new E-type is a facelift of this 2011 model. They are now going for more sportive looks. In the previous (pre-facelift) E you had nicer suspension and seats in a so called Elegance. In the Avantgarde they were firmer. My C has these type of seat upholstery.

This latest E-type is more the previous Avantgarde-setup. So they went for fimer seats, I guess. You could ask now for comfortseats. These seats have more adjustments. Best are the ones with dynamic contour setup.

I am sure that will make a big difference. Sometimes the showmodels are they ones low profile tires and sportseats. They look nicer in the showroom, but are less comfortable often.  So: I would ask for comfortseats and Airmatic and maximum 17 or 18 inch rims (no 19 ")

best regards, Rudy