Author Topic: Collision Insurance Claim  (Read 6100 times)

ChrisInNashville

• Silver
  • USA, TN, Nashville
Re: Collision Insurance Claim
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 22:53:30 »
Wait!

A big shot actor...with Progressive?
‘69 280 SL
‘24 GLE450e
Tennessee, USA

RAY

• Silver
  • United Kingdom, England, Bromley
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2021, 15:00:19 »
What a result, looking at there website they do fantastic work.

Isn't it nice when things turn out so much better then you first expect, just doesn't happen that often these days though !

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2021, 16:36:39 »
...State Farm would pay only for a salvaged original part plus painting to match car color with the warranty time matching the car's warranty time.

HA!  I was hit by a deer in my Flex. You read that right: the deer hit me. Erie was going to use a new mirror (a $600 part I think, with the BLSS etc.) but after two delays on the new part from Ford, I said forget about it--PLEASE get a salvage mirror. Cannot wait for all these people to get back to work...they had a salvage mirror in two days. Yes still all kinds of shortages out there.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

TOM250SL

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, IL, Chicago
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2021, 14:58:00 »
Like many of you, I have State Farm and recently went through the same process of declaring a value for my car, sending photos, etc., to be sure it was valued correctly in case of an accident.  Comparatively, I've set my car value at $60k.  Can any of you who did the same tell me specifically how you came to your value for insurance?  Did you have it appraised, etc.?  Just wondering as I fear I may have undervalued mine.  Thanks.

wpw2511

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, CA, Beverly Hills
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2021, 16:43:23 »
Like many of you, I have State Farm and recently went through the same process of declaring a value for my car, sending photos, etc., to be sure it was valued correctly in case of an accident.  Comparatively, I've set my car value at $60k.  Can any of you who did the same tell me specifically how you came to your value for insurance?  Did you have it appraised, etc.?  Just wondering as I fear I may have undervalued mine.  Thanks.

I don't know the condition of your car, but $60k seems low. Initially, I declared my car value at $70k, then I realized that there's very little chance for me to get a replacement car in the same condition as mine for $70k. Just do some research on the value of similar Pagodas to yours. Or if you want, pay $150 to get an appraisal for your Pagoda; I did mine through Steve Linden.