Author Topic: alarm & car locator recommendation in the USA  (Read 3263 times)

sailorbob

alarm & car locator recommendation in the USA
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:06:52 »
I'm preparing to take my 230 SL out of storage and drive it often.  Does anyone have a recommendation for an alarm and / or car locator device?  I worry this car is too easy to steal.

Thanks,

Bob

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Re: alarm & car locator recommendation in the USA
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:02:57 »
I've an MTrak tracker on mine and an ignition immobiliser
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

Larry & Norma

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Southampton
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:57 »
I have a Thatcham 1 alarm/immobiliser self installed, there is very little room behind the dash to fit an alarm
but is possible. I glued the red led warning light to the map light in the glove box so no extra holes.
Looks kind of cool :)
Larry Hall (Gnuface)
2023 Ioniq6
2005 C230
1970 280SL

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 21:29:45 »
http://www.lojack.com/Cars-Trucks-And-Classics/Products-for-Cars-Trucks,-and-Classics/LoJack-For-Classics

As far as I know, that's the definitive standard in the USA.

Where do all of you guys park and leave your cars?  My goodness.  I think it has been pointed out that for Pagodas, the car is generally stripped for expensive parts like bumpers and grill stars, etc.

BTW, read below: the LoJack was invented by the former Police Commissioner (Bill Reagan) in the tiny town (population under 10,000 at the time) I once lived in, Medfield Massachusetts.

After completing five and a half years of active duty as a naval aviator with the rank of lieutenant and then holding various executive positions at AVCO Corporation, William R. Reagan (Bill) founded W.R. Reagan Associates, Inc., an investment banking firm. From 1976--81, he also served as part-time Police Commissioner of Medfield, a town in the greater Boston area.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid