Author Topic: We're fifteen!  (Read 2043 times)

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
We're fifteen!
« on: December 29, 2017, 20:46:12 »
It is hard to believe, but we turned fifteen this month! In December of 2002 the then-Board approved the first Charter and turned the volunteer-loose-band-of-Pagoda-afficionados into the official club that is still alive and kicking today, with over 2,500 members. The website was launched in February of 2003, so that also will celebrate its 15th birthday shortly. What is also nice to see is that so many of the original members are still here today, often as full members too.
Onto the next fifteen years ...
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

Tomnistuff

• Gold
  • Canada, Qc, Levis
Re: We're fifteen!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 22:53:59 »
Congratulations all!

I just found that I've been a full member for one month shy of exactly half that time (I joined July 25, 2007) which was just about the time I sold my previous passion ('69 Ferrari 365 GT 2+2) and started getting serious about turning my "66 230SL from a somewhat dilapidated daily driver into a new car.  One-man full restorations take a long time when you are as old as I am.

Finding this group was exciting enough to give me the energy to stay with it.  If I hadn't stopped in August due to family health problems (not me) and other emergencies (also not me), I would have finished in time for PUB 2017 Virginia.  Now I'll just wait till springtime to finish the last couple of weeks of the job (outdoor stuff).

Without this group, I might never have started it.  You all are great and have made this site equally so.

Thank you so much and please don't lose interest like so many do when their car is perfect or almost so.  If you are tempted to move on, please post your feelings here and the other members (at least I) will try to find a way to revive your interest and convince you to lie down, take a deep breath and wait for the feeling to go away.

Everyone please enjoy our 15th anniversary and stick around until we can meet again at PUB 2019, unless we can organize something for 2018 on this side of the Atlantic.

Tom Kizer
Levis, Quebec, Canada
Apparently late 1966 230SL 4-spd manual (Italian Version)
Owned since 1987 and wrapping up a full rotisserie restoration/modernization.
Was: Papyrus White 717G with Turquoise MBtex 112 and Kinderseat
Is: Dark Blue 332G with Dark Blue Leather (5300, I think)