Author Topic: Making Progress!  (Read 4086 times)

steves sl

• Regular
  • USA, WI, CEDARBURG
Making Progress!
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:56:46 »
Replaced left side floor pans (3), floor reinforcement, e brake cup, firewall and side and rear frame rails. Don't adjust your screen, the Pagoda is upside down, homemade rotissoire, it's easier on a unibody. The base is still a work in progress. The right side is almost done, I hope to have the Pagoda on the wheels by this fall.
S. Schlaefer

steves sl

• Regular
  • USA, WI, CEDARBURG
Re: Making Progress!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:57:57 »
another picture
S. Schlaefer

pagoden

• Senior
  • USA, MD, Silver Spring
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:12:29 »
Steve,
Now that is a good-looking rig.  Did you whip it up yourself?  Congratulations on your progress with an ambitious project; enjoy the process and the product.     Cheers, Denny   
1968/69 280SL, just+100k mi, manual 4, 3.46, both tops, 717/904

steves sl

• Regular
  • USA, WI, CEDARBURG
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:51:33 »
Denny, yes I did make the rotessorie, a fab shop bent the 1 1/4 " square tubing into a 7' circle, actually a 7' circle requires more than 20 feet of tubeing, and tubing comes in a maximum length 20 feet, so there is  a flat spot which works out very well because I can turn the flat spot to the top and roll the rig out of a standard 7' gargae door. The base is a work in progress, as soon as I find ball bearing roller wheels, and some extra steel tubeing.
S. Schlaefer

steves sl

• Regular
  • USA, WI, CEDARBURG
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 01:48:28 »
Made some real progress this summer, after spending two years on a rotisserie, my 1965 Pagoda is back on her wheels. I replaced the front floor panels, left firewall, left frame rail, left rear floor panel, hand brake cup, rear frame rails, front cross member and the right rear floor panel. After spending untold hours finishing the welds, sealing all the seams and scraping off all the old body schutz, I could add that thick stuff back, so I sprayed the underbody with truck bed liner, which has a slightly different texture, but should be more duable. Now the fun work starts, new left fender (wing) , panel gaps, etc.
S. Schlaefer

Larry & Norma

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, England, Southampton
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:44:29 »
Nice work, enjoying the pictures :)
Larry Hall (Gnuface)
2023 Ioniq6
2005 C230
1970 280SL

getsmart

• Silver
  • Australia, Victoria, Dromana
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:00:12 »
Great Steve.....we can compare notes....check www.getsmartpagoda.com or http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=17058.0

Will watch with great interest,

Joe  :)
Finding the red car
1964 230sl Restoration Project