Author Topic: Learning about this site...  (Read 4871 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Learning about this site...
« on: November 14, 2008, 15:35:39 »
From the questions that I get, it is clear that very few people, if any, check the information that is on the "Home" section of this site. Most people go straight to the forum, and expect to find all answers there.

There is lots of useful information in the "Home" section too. Go there and get acquinted with:
  • News items (in the purple block on the left... click on it to see it)
  • Group information, which has our Charter, the names of the Board of directors, information on Membership, Contact information including postal and payment addresses, information about club items for sale in the Shop, and our News
  • Content, where we have a short description of the history of this website, documentation, documentation of membership functions and membership administration, and a great Featured Cars section, which you really should have a look at
  • under Services are a number of useful links for Searching, to contact us and some links for administrators.
  • and finally, have a look at the "Technical Manual"

In this new system all of the content on these pages is also fed from a database (just like our forum) so it is much easier to maintain and update, and there will be more frequent changes here than in the old system, so it pays to look at the "Home" section once in a while.

Peter
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 15:37:13 by vanesp »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!