Author Topic: Looking for advice from someone in the Vancouver BC. Area  (Read 3212 times)

emga

Greetings,

Signed up last November but Have been lurking around these forums for quite sometime. I have 2 Pagoda's that have been sitting in my garage for years now (63' 230 sl and 68' 280 sl) and Was looking for someone local to have a chat with and get some advice on how to proceed with them.  I'm not sure if this is the proper way to go about it so if this post break any rules of conduct, my apologies in advance.

Cheers,
Rick

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Re: Looking for advice from someone in the Vancouver BC. Area
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 13:03:13 »
Hi Rick,

Click on Members (see tab above) then sort by members, to do this click on the "Location" heading once yo done that click on page 5.

You will then see Canadian members, there are several in the Vancouver area. I recommend you send one or two of them a PM or e-mail I'm sure you know from having visited here for a spell that members here are quite helpful.

However,  to start, I highly recommend you post some photos here of your cars, better yet become a member. Once you are a member you will have access to all technical information and detail recommendations/posts and discussions on this site.

Good luck with getting your car(s) on the road.

PS. My question is why are your cars in the garage for so long doing nothing? Just curious.
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

emga

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 22:50:49 »
Thanks for the info , there is a lot of members in my area ! as for the vehicles being in my garage for a while, work took me out of Canada for a while and life happened when I got back. One day you are single with all these toys and you wake up married with kids  ;D I will definitely look into the membership option and will post more information when needed.

Thanks for the help again.

Rick

jackhughes81

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:12 »
Rick,
I live just south close to Bellingham..  I am working on my 65 230sl and have some experience with 'things'//  jack

jpinet

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 00:30:43 »
Becoming a member was the cheapest and by far the best investment I made on my 230SL!

rico_vancouver

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 18:05:15 »
Hi Rick,

I'm in Vancouver (Cambie area), but admittedly, haven't done much with mine recently except cosmetic things. Most major things I did or had done 10-15 years ago, and mine is original/unrestored. Currently doing things to make it more of an occasional driver, vs. weekend/sunny day cruiser.

Send me a PM if you have questions, but this forum is where I get most of my content.

Rich

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 19:24:53 »
jpinet, right on! ... re: investment :) great bunch of people and a great place to be.

Rich, you don't have that many sunny weekends in Vancouver as I recall ~grin~ just kidding
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL