W113 Pagoda SL Group > Research & Development

Dash Speaker ?

(1/5) > >>

bpossel:
Has anyone been able to locate, install, make ... a center dash speaker replacement that fits our small cavity but yet holds 2 small speakers for stereo?   Ed Cave tried this a few years ago and didnt have any luck with the 3.5 inch jbls....  :(

I dont want to go the kick pannel route, but would rather utilize the center speaker.  Not really concerned with true stereo separation and dont want to cut the side kick pannels, etc...

Thanks,
Bob  :)

J. Huber:
Hi Bob. No answers for you but do have an idea. How about making a second set of kick panels -- and having some speakers in the reproduced one? I was able to fabricate new kick panels for my car along the way -- pretty simple as long as you have some extra Leather or MB Tex handy. The panels can be removed and put back in place fairly easily. I have a Europa II and enjoy having stereo sound left and right.

JamesL:
Bob

I understand that early 911s also had a dash speaker and I have seen a twin unit that fits under the original dash grille that MAY work

You may want to have a nose on the eary911 register or similar

http://www.early911sregistry.org/index.html

bpossel:
Thanks Jim & Jim,

The second set of kick panels idea is.  I also swung over to the 911 site.  It looks like the 911's dash speaker cavity is a bit wider (deeper) than ours, so dual 4 inch speakers will work for them.  The issue with our cars is that the cavity is much narrower.  The options for our cars are more limited.  I did speak to Becker NA and they are very helpful!  While they dont have any options for dual speakers for the dash, they do offer options of: replacement dash mono speaker; a cable to operate the Becker stereo to the center mono speaker; radio swap, stereo radio to mono radio, etc.

Anyway, if anyone in the group has or does come up with a dual 3 inch (very shallow magnet) speaker setup for the center dash, please post details. I think having small dual speakers that direct the sound towards the windshield and then bounce back to the driver and passenger would sound good and maybe even better than the kick panel setup.

Thanks!
Bob  :)

waqas:

--- Quote from: bpossel on March 13, 2009, 09:47:25 ---... they do offer options of: replacement dash mono speaker; a cable to operate the Becker stereo to the center mono speaker; ...

--- End quote ---

Is there a difference between the sound from a pair of stereo speakers placed alongside, as opposed to a mono speaker hooked up via the stereo-to-mono mixing cable?

Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version