Author Topic: Becker Europa AM FM Stopped Working  (Read 5624 times)

n/a

Becker Europa AM FM Stopped Working
« on: September 06, 2004, 11:18:30 »
My Becker Europa AM FM simply stopped working today....will not turn on at all.....the radio was restored within the last 3 years.....are there any fuses etc in the radio I can look at for a quick fix?  My manual does not list anything about the radio

Dan

jeffc280sl

Re: Becker Europa AM FM Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 13:06:03 »
There is a very small fuse holder for the radio near the radiator expansion tank.  It is mounted to a bracket on the fender well that also includes the voltage regulator.  Hope this solves your problem.

Jeff C.
1970 280SL 4-speed

n/a

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 07:52:41 »
Thanks Jeff.....I found the fuse....but no luck....I am not sure what the problem is.....the radio was restored.....If I have to send it out for repair does anyone know where to send these Becker Europas?

Dan

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 08:32:30 »
Well, there's probably more then one place to send the Becker for repair, but the best place to send it is back to Becker in New Jersey, where they maintain a repair shop.  They are one of the few Mercedes suppliers dedicated to preservation and restoration of nearly everything they ever made.

Contact Ed Ebel at EEbel@harmanbecker.com and he will provide you with pricing, shipping instructions and might even do a little troubleshooting with you to ensure you have not overlooked anything.

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid