Author Topic: Mirror, Outside Right Side, Late Style  (Read 15022 times)

Rolland

Re: Mirror, Outside Right Side, Late Style
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 21:07:29 »
Just received my RH mirror and convex mirror from the Classic Center.  Thanks for the tip!

Rolland

tel76

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Douglas
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 09:04:10 »
Hello Rick
Can you measure the mounting holes as on your RHS door,i have just obtained a RHS mirror and i want to drill the holes in the door.
As Naj says ! You only get one shot !
When these mirrors were fitted at the factory would it be safe to assume that RH and LH would have been fitted in the same location to maintain correct balance?
Eric

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 09:33:15 »
Not sure if it's factory correct but my RH mirror was installed in exactly the same place as the left hand mirror...and I like to think you get a second chance to reposition a mirror since the rubber mount will cover holes in the wrong place if they are close to the final position. Of course, getting it right the first time is best!

I had a 108 mirror on the right side door and could not close the window when the mirror was in viewing position...
now I can  see to the rear and roll up the window.  Life is Good   :D

Richard M, NYC
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

RickM

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 14:30:42 »
Hello Rick
Can you measure the mounting holes as on your RHS door,i have just obtained a RHS mirror and i want to drill the holes in the door.
As Naj says ! You only get one shot !
When these mirrors were fitted at the factory would it be safe to assume that RH and LH would have been fitted in the same location to maintain correct balance?

Will do. I've been away from the doors I have store. I also found what may be an oddity with the plate in one door....I'll post within the next couple days. Promise.