Author Topic: Ongoing auction of many old MB parts in San Bernardino CA  (Read 247 times)

Doug McAllister

• Junior Level
  • USA, CA, San Ramon
I saw this ad on Facebook of all places - and I know nothing about this company but thought some of us might find some parts that are hard to find. Looking at pics, many are questionable condition. It has many old MB parts - not a ton of W113, but some.

MBZparts.com/Auction. Online Auction of Inventory from MBZ Parts in San Bernardino, California
Doug M 
1969 280SL MB
1988 928S4 Porsche
2014 Audi A5

tcj

• Junior Level
  • Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia, Lohmar
Re: Ongoing auction of many old MB parts in San Bernardino CA
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 06:56:56 »
yes, but in case you cannot collect in person expect extremely high costs for shipping.

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Ongoing auction of many old MB parts in San Bernardino CA
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 15:56:59 »
This seems to be the slow ending of a long, drawn out tale. It started when a collector in Oakland, California, who had accumulated a massive warehouse full of old Mercedes parts, decided to sell; if I recall, I think the owner had died, and it was the family that decided to sell. But they only wanted to sell in one lot. All the obvious buyers declined. Along comes this relatively obscure parts dealer in Oregon called MBZ parts, and they were able to purchase the entire lot and their dream was to create a business out of it. It required a lot of funding capital and they tried various schemes in which to raise such capital. I do not think that any of the schemes succeeded to their required level. They also had to move all the parts out of the Oakland warehouse.

I guess this is what remains of the program…
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid