W113 Pagoda SL Group > General Discussion

New member introductions

<< < (2/317) > >>

rwmastel:
My name is Rodd Masteller.  I live in Powell, Ohio, USA.  I am 36 years old, married, no kids, and work in the IT industry supporting and managing software at a steel processing company.

Regarding this group, I am the current Vice-President, a Board Member, and a founding member of this group. I also compile, edit, and publish the group's magazine Pagoda World with lots of help from other group members. (Thanks guys!)

In August 2000 I bought a 230SL which is #18381, built in Sept. 1966.  It's 124 Arabian Gray with 158 Gray-White hard top & hub caps.  The car has been thoroughly cleaned since this photo, so the color is not quite accurate.  Soft top is black, a cheap and torn aftermarket example.  Interior is 219 Natural Leather.  It was originally delivered in Italy to Carlo Riva, the owner of the Riva boat company.  It was imported to the USA in 1976.  Total miles are unknown since I have no records from Italy.  I drive it about 3,000 miles per year.  Nothing is really broken on it.  I've been replacing worn parts as time and money allows.

Download Attachment: Profile1a.jpg
71.33 KB

Rodd
1966 230SL Euro
1994 E420

n/a:
We are Lewis and Judy Eig, living in northern NJ, just a few miles north of the George Washington Bridge to New York City....so close to the big city, but it feels like we are in the country.  Judy's a financial consultant, Lewis is an engineer for a small electronics manufacturer.

As an avid Saab addict, we had toyed with getting another classic car, and I had to find something that was a convertible.  We had a Triumph TR-6 for a while, but it just wasn't refined enough...so, we finally determined the ideal car would be a 113...having gawked at many over the years.

We bought a very early 1964 car, had some neat features, but after a year of ownership, we found we really wanted a nicer car.  We looked into fixing up our '64, but decided to upgrade.  Early this year we found a car that had a fantastic recent paint job, great history, having belonged to the family of Donald Leap, the current president of the MBCA, all new interior, and great mechanicals.

and, here we are.

Download Attachment: small4-19-03 right front.JPG
61.4 KB

'66 230 sl 113042-10-016238
67 saab sonett II #43 of 258
99 saab 9-5
00 saab 9-3 viggen conv

Sphe:
Hi! My name is Eugene Kolankowsky, and I have just recently joined this forum! I am currently attending Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Me and my father are restoring his 230sl that he had bought new back in 1964. My dad is quite knowledgeable in cars, me, not so much. But I am learning very quickly, and enjoying working on the car. This is a great bonding experience for me and my dad, and the car is coming along very nicely!

Gerhard:
My name is Gerhard, I became a member of the W113 Pagoda SL Group in July 2003. In 1980 I saw a lot of these cars in St. Tropez (South of France) for a vacation. Fell in love with this cardesign instantly. Never had the possibility to aquire one until June 2003. Now I am the proud( :D ) owner of a 230SL.
I work parttime as a ITIL implementor with an insurance company and run my own consultancy business.
The car I own needs work which I will start this fall, as I started my career in the mid 70's as a car mechanic it should not be a problem. In those days I worked on cars older than the '65 230SL.

Gerhard
1965 230SL

rwmastel:
Thanks for posting your introductions!  They are good reading.

I just looked at the forums member list and sorted it by country.  Out of 300 people registered to use the forums, 66 have not identified a Country in their profile.  If you haven't updated your profile, simply sign on to the forums and click on "Profile" in the menu at the upper right corner of the page.  Enter any content that you feel comfortable sharing.  It makes it easier for us all to provide assistance when we know what part of the world you live in.  It also reiterates the International aspect of our group.

Thanks!

Rodd
1966 230SL Euro
1994 E420

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version