Author Topic: Late 280SL Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit  (Read 4167 times)

WillS

Late 280SL Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:30 »
I've been looking at the prices for new or rebuilt 280SL late style (short) fuel pumps--yikes. Does anyone know where I might find a rebuild kit for one? It should be a few o-rings, a couple of copper rings, plus a set of brushes. I could soften the existing copper rings and probably find the o-rings at McMaster-Carr, but the brushes might be an issue. Haven't found a kit online yet, does anyone know of one?

Gogi

Re: Late 280SL Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 02:18:57 »

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Late 280SL Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit
I've been looking at the prices for new or rebuilt 280SL late style (short) fuel pumps--yikes. Does anyone know where I might find a rebuild kit for one? It should be a few o-rings, a couple of copper rings, plus a set of brushes. I could soften the existing copper rings and probably find the o-rings at McMaster-Carr, but the brushes might be an issue. Haven't found a kit online yet, does anyone know of one?

Hi I have 69 280SL and wondering the same thing.  would hate to reuse all the old " old" O rings and brushes.
I took all the screws out without breaking seperated the impeller cover and removed it and cleaned it now.
The motor seems really siezed up. Anyways removed the two little nuts for the motor and the E clip and shims.
I'm afraid to go any further as i am not sure of part number for the rebuild kit for this short style electric fuel pump.
Thanking you good people in advance for any advise on this matter.
B.G.

Jowe

• Silver
  • Sweden, Västra Götaland, Gothenburg
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:31:44 »
Johan
04/1964 230SL, European, manual 4-sp, power steering, 050/050 white, black leather, Blaupunkt (SOLD)

WRe

• Platinum
  • Germany, Hessen, Seeheim-Jugenheim

Gogi

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 20:30:57 »
 ;D
Check this: http://www.vintageeuroparts.com/a0010915201.html

Thanks so much for the replies have ordered already. HAPPY HALOWEEN everybody.  ;D