Author Topic: Hepco luggage set  (Read 306 times)

W113.044

• Junior Level
  • Netherlands, Limburg, Xxx
Hepco luggage set
« on: February 29, 2024, 16:56:29 »
Hello,

I have a question about a Hepco Luggage set.

Does anyone know if this is a original set for Mercedes and if so to which car it fits.

I already found some info on the website of palm beach classics. Here is the same set displayed with a 300 se convertible.

I hope the luggage experts on this forum can help me. ;D

Thanks,

Roman

lreppond

• Gold
  • USA, CA, San Leandro
Re: Hepco luggage set
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 00:50:57 »
Hepco made two different models for w113.  For the 230SL model, the case was similar in design to yours but with a lock that had a rounded end.  The hardware was brass and the vinyl covering was brown.  For latter models, the locks became somewhat rectangular in shape (chrome plated) and and the vinyl was black.  Both interior were lined with a nylon moire fabric in either cream (with the brown vinyl) or grey (with black).  The set came with four pieces.  A large rectangular case, two matching smaller cases and a hard sided make up case.  The photo attached does not show the make up case.  You can also find a photo of the 230 set in the technical manual on this site.

I believe your luggage was made much later when luggage was no longer offered by MB. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 02:33:17 by lreppond »
~Len

1971 280 SL
576G red/251 Beige
4 speed manual
Family owned since new (father —> son)

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
Re: Hepco luggage set
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 01:45:04 »
Welcome to the Group, Roman!  Nice first post, interesting topic, and even got it in the proper sub-forum.  If you like, you can introduce yourself and your Pagoda here:  https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=529.1550
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL