Author Topic: Soft top recoloring  (Read 3520 times)

mulrik

Soft top recoloring
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:27:50 »
I had a soft top that was very faded. It was originally black. The fabric itself was generally in good condition. Then for my birthday I got a kit from a firm called Renovo that was suppose to restore the color. Sceptical at first I tried the product which comes in a kit with a cleaner, color and a proofer. However, the result is nothing short of amazing!! My soft top practically looks like new. There's also a window polisher in the kit, which is also good in removing scratches (but doesn't eliminate the yellowish of my windows).

Unfortunately, I didn't take before and after pictures but go to there website www.renovointernational.com the pictures there do not lie.

Ulrik

'67 250 SL Papyrus White 113043-10-000023

Douglas

Re: Soft top recoloring
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 05:35:06 »
The previous owner did this to my SL and dyed my dark gray soft top ("hood") black, but it also darkened the headliner. The dye seems to be coming out now, years later. Is your headliner now black?

Douglas Kim
New York, NY
280 SL #016220

mulrik

Re: Soft top recoloring
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 01:59:56 »
There's nothing on the headliner. The dye doesn't come out when you wash it, please notice there's a proofer included which "seals" of the staining. I guess the color is just a regular fabric dye, like what you use to dye cloth with.

Once again, I'm very impressed with the result.
Ulrik

'67 250 SL Papyrus White 113043-10-000023