Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
See Absolute Catstrophe Thread.
Hi Alex,  Glad you got your car back.  Show us some pictures.  I'd like to see how it looks since it is now repaired.
I didn't see that post but thank you so much, I just ordered it!
Just got my car back last week with a Tremec 5 speed installed to replace the 4 speed can vouch for previous threads on this, it's amazing.  Thank you Ray Hays, our former President for developing and pioneering this conversion. 

Completely changes the driving experience, especially 1st gear, does not sound like a UPS truck driving in the neighborhood, no more funny looks from neighbors standing outside as you drive by rev'd up in 1st.  Shift pattern different, not thowing arm out shifting to 3rd & 4th.  5th gear, 75mph @ 2,400 rpm - does  not feel or sound normal after 12 years of standard 4 speed. 

Conversion was not easy, many issues with the conversion kit from Driven Man.  Would recommend the Tremec 5 speed transmission yes, getting it from Driven Man - no. 
Did you bother to look at this post from a couple of days ago?  The PN for the bushings is in my response.

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=38183.0

CT
General Discussion / Re: Absolute Catastropy Update
« Last post by Alex D on Today at 00:07:17 »
Well 657 days after the accident, finally arrived back home last Wednesday.  Would not have been possible without the help of this group.  Would like to thank all who helped me in the background, not always posting on the site. 

Special thank you to Mike Salemi who recommend Satish Tummula and his crew at Motorwerks Luxury Vehicle Center in Commerce Charter Township, MI.  Prior to meeting Satish, I had 3 no quotes on doing the body work, and one said they will not give an estimate, will send an invoice at end of the month and I pay it with no questions asked until done -  just plain crazy, I’m not a bank or the US government.  Satish not only gave an estimate that was reasonable but came in below the estimate for the body work. At the Pinehurst Motoring Expo this weekend, met a 30-year retired body man, he could not tell where it was repainted. 

Highly recommend Motorwerks to anyone not just for body work, but did several mechanical enhancements as well, new Tremec 5 speed to replace the 4 speed, new Time Valve exhaust, re welded seat springs and reused the original nla turquoise seat covers to name a few.

Again, thank you Mike Salemi, would not have a functional Pagoda today if was not for your recommendation, forever grateful.

Alex
I had the transmission linkage come apart when parking my 230sl with automatic transmission.   I crawled under and found the front plastic bushing was bad but I'm having a hard time locating just that 1 bushing.  The ones I have found don't look right.

Does anyone know a part number or have a link to the front plastic bushing that connects the shifting rod to the trans. 

I included a picture of a bushing in the full rebuild kit that I believe is the one I need but I'd rather just buy the bushing itself.   

Thank you!
General Discussion / Re: Need to replace my FSVT?
« Last post by jKrashnburn on May 26, 2024, 23:20:56 »
Pardon my ignorance but I'm a Newbie around here.........What's a FSVT?
General Discussion / Need to replace my FSVT?
« Last post by dldubois on May 26, 2024, 21:12:25 »
Here's a pic of underneath my car.    Noticed the last few times I was driving around I'm then dripping gas.      Used to have the FSVT underneath but noticed now its gone....

I have had people working on it.

What's the replacement solution?    Couldn't find any in reviewing the fuel venting topics.     Here's a pic of where it must've broken off and where I'm leaking gas once I've been out driving around.     Guessing its been bent and broke off.    Looking for solution of part to use to replace and how to address.

Thanks much!

Can you send or post some pics and measurements.  I've headed in a bit of a different direction, but am still interested. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10