W113 Pagoda SL Group > About this site

Blog-style posting

(1/3) > >>

rwmastel:
Hello.  I am testing out the thread locking, or topic locking, feature to see if it can be used to create blog-style entries.  I believe this (topic locking) may only be available to Full Members, but I'm not sure.  I could use your help by trying to reply to this thread.  If you can't reply, send me a PM and let me know, and include if you're a Full Member or not.  I will probably ask the Moderator to take this down after testing is completed in a day or so.  Thanks!

rwmastel:
I have to temporarily unlock the topic, then I can post another message or modify my existing message and lock the topic again.

rwmastel:
I got this message from Full Member Lori, aka Lorsar.  "Hi Rodd, I saw your post about locking posts and there is no reply button when locked.  I am a full member.  Perhaps once you have tested this, you can open the thread for discussion on why you want to do this?"

And from Full Member Mike Hughes, "Unable to find a 'Reply' button among the buttons above the entries on your "Blog Style" posting."

I'm unlocking the thread.

Mike Hughes:
Yes, now the "Reply" button is in its accustomed spot.

rwmastel:

--- Quote from: rwmastel on December 15, 2022, 14:30:52 ---Lori said, "Perhaps once you have tested this, you can open the thread for discussion on why you want to do this?"

--- End quote ---
I'm thinking of using this while I do my modest, limited refurbishment in 2023.  Basically, for any general segment of the work I'm doing (example, fuel system refurbishment) I would of course post all my questions and discussions in the appropriate forum (drive train, instruments, etc.), but I would collect the links to my threads, and other old threads that were informational, in my blog-style thread.  Actually, it wouldn't even really be a 'thread', it would just be the one opening message that would keep getting updated.  So, it would looks something like this:

Engine removal, restoration, and replacement
General statement of progress made.
Link 1
Link 2
Link X

Fuel system refurbishment
Link 1
Link 2
Link X

Brake system refurbishment
Link 1
Link 2
Link X

And so on for each area I'm keeping track of.  Maybe this is best kept in a doc on my own computer, I don't know.  Once it's all done, I hope to contribute to the Tech Manual with what I've learned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version