Author Topic: replacing the window regulator  (Read 5463 times)

ABDUL113

replacing the window regulator
« on: April 25, 2008, 15:26:23 »
Hello all,

I am planning to do a complet restoration for my belove 280SL pagode 1969 Light Blue #396 with Blue leather interior and navy tex soft top
I would like to replace the manual window regulator of both driver's and passenger side into electric regulator ?
Does any one have an idea if thats can work ? if yes, which regulator shall I use. However, a friend told me that the 116 123 107 might fit to the car ?

Thanx

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
Re: replacing the window regulator
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 15:39:32 »
Dear Abdul,

Welcome to the group.
1st of all, enjoy your new (?) purchase and make a little detour.
You've got plenty of time to retrofit newer window regulators. There's no need to do that 'now'.
Usually there are many more & important topics and things to be fixed first before starting the "freestyle event".

Anyway, just use the Search function with usual terms (window regulator, power windows, etc.). At least, it has been done before here.

Good luck!
Best,
Achim
(Germany)

hill

Re: replacing the window regulator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 21:42:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by ABDUL113

Hello all,

I am planning to do a complet restoration for my belove 280SL pagode 1969 Light Blue #396 with Blue leather interior and navy tex soft top
I would like to replace the manual window regulator of both driver's and passenger side into electric regulator ?
Does any one have an idea if thats can work ? if yes, which regulator shall I use. However, a friend told me that the 116 123 107 might fit to the car ?

Thanx

Why? In the 107 and 108 world hand crank windows are considered a positive. When it cost you $600 to lower your window  when they fail.

Happy Benzing
Darryl, Hill
350 SL4.5 #60
1967 250sl "California"

Actually my reply was rather crude. You should have it any way you want. But I have noticed across the Mercedes land manual heat and windows are carrying value.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 18:46:30 by hill »