Author Topic: Pagoda SL Group Badges on EBAY?  (Read 572 times)

SilverSpear

• Senior
  • Saudi Arabia, Ar Riyāḑ, Riyadh
Pagoda SL Group Badges on EBAY?
« on: November 26, 2023, 20:22:12 »
Hi guys,

I was browsing ebay a while back and saw a seller listing on ebay for the Pagoda group badge at $150
Are those usually for sale? And shouldn't we as premium members have at least one?

Confused
Early 67 Pagoda 250SL - Under comprehensive restoration

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Pagoda SL Group Badges on EBAY?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 20:47:36 »
Dani,

Once somebody buys something, they can generally resell it at whatever price they want, wherever they want unless there was some kind of contract prohibiting such a sale. Of course we as a club have no such contracts.

I was the person who brought the grille badge project to the group. Since you were registered as a member in 2011, unless you ignored the forums and website at the time (2018), and ignored the email reminders that went along with the project, you had every opportunity to buy one or more badges. Our project ran in 2018 and was mostly completed within the year. We had pre-orders for a while, and after we closed the pre-orders, the badges were manufactured and mailed out. When all was fulfilled, we still had some left over and sold those one by one to those who ignored the information about the project, of some of the newer members who joined the club at or after the pre-order process.

By the summer of 2019, the few badges left over from the project were provided to the organizing committee of PagodaFest San Diego, and were used as prizes there. We as a club do not have any left over.

I would imagine that sometime in the future, we'll do the project again, but we'll need t have a pretty good demand (more than 50 badges) and they will certainly be more costly than we sold them for originally, though less than $150 for certain!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 21:11:35 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

su8pack1

• Senior
  • USA, PA, Barto
Re: Pagoda SL Group Badges on EBAY?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 03:43:06 »
I get many nice comments on mine.
1969 280SL
1984 300CD
1987 190E 2.6