Author Topic: Seat Covers and carpeting 1968 280SL  (Read 3393 times)

Bob G

Seat Covers and carpeting 1968 280SL
« on: October 04, 2013, 18:36:07 »
I need some advice. I am not good with my hands . Is GAHH in Hollywood OK or is their  another place I should shop for the carpeting and seat covers. I already have the factory Horse  hear pads. I am not sure  the color  is correct  for my year in carpeting. It has solid black nylon loop weave. Should  it not be slat and pepper? I have 040 MB tex The seat covers should  I am concerned to fine the right  carpeting and snap out
for board heal carpet pads . And the right style seat covers for my year Pagoda.
I would sincerely appreciate some help. this job is not for me and I also need a referral  to an upholster were  my car will be lock up
 Sincerely
Bob Geco

KevinC

Re: Seat Covers and carpeting 1968 280SL
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:20:28 »
There are certainly other vendors. My interior came from GAHH in 2006 and I am still pleased with it.

merrill

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 13:47:35 »
I have used GAHH products and was pleased with the quality and delivery.
Matt
Austin Tx
66 230 sl - "white"
78 300 D - Blue
98 C230

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 17:03:53 »
Has anyone ever purchased interior or soft-top product from Lakewell in Belgium?  www.lakewell.com  Just wondering about the quality and the service. 
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

Bob G

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 21:20:23 »
Thanks for your reply to my post. I live in Long Beach not to far from GHH in Hollywood. Do they install or  just sell kits?
My car is not a Concours car. I just want to freshen up   the interior. I have a  Kinder seat and was wondering if anyone can send  me photos of
a carpet set from GAHH install with the Kinder seat. I do not remember what  it looked  like when I was young.
Any pictures would help me get a professional jog done to like new again.

On the subject who does restoration of hard tops. I have two one original the headliner is bad and the chrome is pitted badly
I found a  headliner set for my other top which is great , I also found I had ordered the side window  seals and I am looking
for the back  window seal to purchase. I like to strip the top with the chrome bars and have it painted then put back together.
I understand the rear window is NA. Leave  it  to Mercedes-Benz.
Any way thanks for your support.
Sincerely
Bob Geco
1968 280SL