Author Topic: Where is Richard Madison???  (Read 3100 times)

71 pagoda

Where is Richard Madison???
« on: May 20, 2005, 17:18:35 »
I think that its time that all the members from the NY  area donate about $1000. each. Why????    To buy Richard another Pagoda. This should take care of the price of the car and about 1 year parking in NYC.. Richard we need you back. Who else will plan our gatherings.  Who else will hand out flyers at the car shows telling the laymen about our cars..... West Point and the Water Club wont be the same without you Richard.
Larry

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
Re: Where is Richard Madison???
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 18:59:02 »
Larry:

Let's make it clear: I did not pay you to say those nice things.
Thank you for your kind words but on a slightly serious note...

This Group is far more then one person or even a few people...it's now  a thousand plus people all dedicated to these cars...even though I'm now an ex-Pagoda owner, I will always admire these unique and beautiful cars...

As to who will now do the car show chores and the local events, perhaps my absence will inspire others to step up and make things happen. Here's the secret: "Build it and they will come"...announce a car show and the cars will come.

If each member leaves it to the others, nothing will happen. In the words of Nike shoes: "Just do it!"

Richard M
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

n/a

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:35:34 »
Hi Larry,

I know Richard was doing a GREAT job!
I travel a little too much to be able to step into his shoes completely but I could try keep the list alive.
I have sent an email to the list on friday mentioning a couple of events in the tri-state area (I know, they are more than jst those 2!): I know I will participate with my Pagoda to bot of them.
June 5th Greenwich Concours (http://www.greenwichconcours.com)
It is in Greenwich, CT, very easily accessible from I95.
Would anyone want to gather there? a good occasion to make future plans.

also, I mentioned, for all car fans, what sounds like a fun event, Le Mans on 35th on June 19th.
35th street in Manhattan will be closed between 10/11th avenue and I was told to expect around 50 cars for a picnic/event to celebrate the 24 hours of Le Mans going on that same weekend.
http://nextgearproductions.com/splash.html
I am not affiliated to them, but know a couple of the guys and LeMans on 35th is their first event, therefore it's free.

Last, as I mentioned in my email I would like to start an regular informal get together in Manhattan every weekend or every other weekend, open to all car amateurs, with or without their cars, a format such as saturday or sunday morning 9 to 11am we meet and have coffee around the cars. Seems a good way to meet people with similar interest, plan events, etc. spread the word around, any suggestion on a convenient location are welcome: a nice "cafe/restaurant" with a wide enough street to park cars...

Anyone feel free to email me your details so that I can add you to the list.

And of course, Richard, I see you on June 19th on 35th street...:)

Fabrice
Silver 1971 280 SL
New York City

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 22:03:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrice

Anyone feel free to email me your details so that I can add you to the list.
For those not in the know, you might want to describe what you mean by "the list".

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL

n/a

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 06:35:42 »
The list i mentioned is the list of owners located in the Tri-state area that Richard Madison had gathered over the past years.

Fabrice
Silver 1971 280 SL
New York City