W113 Pagoda SL Group > About this site

“W11x chassis cars” are making a mess of the W113 forum

<< < (2/7) > >>

hansr433:
As one of the prolific W11x polluters (see the screenshot above) and a new member to the group, I am sorry if my posts offend anyone.  I joined the group because I liked the knowledge being shared and particularly the tone of the replies.  The anonymity that the internet affords makes it easy for someone to be insulting, offending and just being plainly stupid.  Thus the need for moderators.  The membership of this group is to be congratulated for being civil and providing answers to what some might consider silly questions.  I will try to pollute less, but as a relative newbie to the W11x world and having lots of issues with my W111 currently that I am trying to sort out by myself, I am happy that there are so many members in this group willing to help out.  To Peter who started this thread, please be patient as we W111 owners around the globe sort our problems out.

Paul & Dolly:
I offer some  support to  Peter, The problem I see is that W11X posts are not all in the W11X section, but have been posted under "General Discussion", "Drive Train" and other W113 sections.

I also get a bit frustrated to start reading a new post,in "Show unread posts since last visit" only to find that it is not concerning a Pagoda.

I would be happier if the W11X posts could be easily identified as such, when I scan the "New Posts" section,

I think that this situation could be greatly helped if those posting W11X items would confine themselves to the W11X section only.

Keep well

Paul

WRe:
Hi,
I second Paul's comment that W11X posts should be easily identified as such not only in their special topics of "W11x chassis cars” or "Other cars" but also in their issue/text.
E.g. : I looked for this clip "https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=31273.0" but couldn't find it in my car unless I recognized that it's a W108/111 clip.
...WRe

PeterPortugal:
WRe - i did apologise for that one !

I rebuilt my subframe recently and I needed some help which was happily provided by the forum as usual.

I posted in the main section because the components used are common. If I posted it in the w11X section then it is becoming clear that many W113 posters (who could potentially offer advice) would immediately write it off and ignore it.

Just a point for you guys to consider.

ejboyd5:
Consider the commonalities between the W 11X and the  W 113 before throwing stones. There is much good information that is shared between the several types that we should be thankful for as the types themselves grow older and the number of experts decrease.  Much the same situation exists with the 190 SL and the 300 SL. Although they are very different cars, they share many features that can be a help to both camps. If concerned by a W 11X post, simply skip it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version