Author Topic: Showing most recent contributions first  (Read 6177 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Showing most recent contributions first
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:26:05 »
A question by Tom (Sandcrab59) reminded me that many of you are probably not aware of one of the most useful functions of the forum. And because of that, some of you may have difficulty finding posts again once you have read them. This is common when you use the “Show unread posts since last visit” function. Because every time you have read a post, it will disappear from this list.

However, there is a setting that may help you with this. You can set you preferences and change the order of the messages, such that the new ones are always at the top of a page, rather than at the bottom. Makes it much easier to read new submissions. You set that as follows:

Profile / Modify Profile / Look and Layout … and then click: Show most recents posts at the top

Then use the “Show unread posts since last visit” function as per usual. All new posts appear at the top of the list, so you do not need to scroll down to the last page.

If you now want to read a post again, just use the regular access function. Instead of using “Show unread posts since last visit”, you just click on the forum name (e.g. General Discussion). If you have set “Show most recent posts at the top” it is easy to find the topics that are recent.

You'll end up seeing this...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:33:01 by Peter van Es »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!