Author Topic: A note from someone's loving Wife  (Read 5123 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
A note from someone's loving Wife
« on: August 18, 2016, 15:23:19 »
To my darling husband,

Before you return from your overseas trip, I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with the Ford F-150 when I turned into the driveway.

Fortunately it was not too bad and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me.

I was coming home and when I turned into the driveway I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake.

The garage door is slightly bent but the Ford F-150 fortunately came to a halt when it bumped into your Ferrari.

I missed our bikes.

I am really sorry, but I know with your kind-hearted personality you will forgive me.
You know how much I love you and care for you my sweetheart.

I am enclosing pictures for you at the bottom of this note.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms again.

Your loving wife. XX
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

badali

• Platinum
  • USA, Pa, Butler
  • 1966 230SL
Re: A note from someone's loving Wife
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 18:29:47 »
The cooler looks ok too.  WOW!
Brad

1961 220 Sb
1966 230 SL
2019 E 450 4 Matic
2022 GLC 300 4 Matic

Meiang

It Does happen and I can Understand How
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:13:40 »
I can understand how such things can happen.

Last year I rammed my Honda Civic into our Range Rover Sport under full throttle in our driveway.  Luckily the cars were only 12m apart so the damage was not that bad (relatively).  The Hondas wheels were still spinning after the impact leaving permanent marks in our driveway (constant reminder).

Unlike the lady my foot slipped off the brake onto the accelerator pedal which I mashed to the floor thinking I still had it on the brake pedal.

After the incident I walked into the house and said "guess what dear, I've smashed both our cars up".  Her reply was "I was wondering what that loud bang was".

Pinder

• Gold
  • USA, NJ, Edison
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 13:07:56 »
My Dad totalled my first BMW circa 1988 by trying to back it out of the driveway and flooring the accelerator. car ended up in the living room of the house across the street. Doors were bent backwards when the hit the garden wall and the pullout stereo ended up on the back seat. He got away with no injuries. I still miss that car.
1970 280 SL Light Ivory DB 670. 4 Speed manual shift no AC Limited Slip Diff.

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 14:57:26 »
Last year with my e350 I slowly drove into my garage door after pulling out from the garage. I did this after taking a spin in my 280sl (goes to show you what can happen with the "P" ark position being opposite on both cars). I put the e350 into "D" rive thinking it was "P" ark.

I straightened the garage door with a few foot impacts, however, there is a permanent kink mark as a contant reminder of my stuppitety :)

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

GGR

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, DC, Washington
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 22:38:01 »
Many years (decades) ago, My uncle was a young lad who just got his driving licence and he was trying all kind of stupid things with his Dauphine. One of them was to drive with his legs crossed, so that the right foot would actuate the brakes and the left foot the accelerator. At one point traffic in front of him cleared and he pressed on what he thought to be the accelerator. As a result he floored the brakes and the guy behind him rear ended him big time. Fault was on the guy behind as my uncle never said why he hit the brakes for no good reason. I'm sure the guy behind and his descendants must still be pulling their hair out of their head!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 22:43:51 by GGR »