Author Topic: Dealers who sell below MB Classic MSRP  (Read 3329 times)

racefaith

Dealers who sell below MB Classic MSRP
« on: February 04, 2016, 00:11:15 »
Hello.

Nearing end of 3 year resto project and have just a few parts left to purchase. For these, i want to go direct OEM from MB Classic Center. Sales person was super helpful and gave me a quote. He readily admitted that MB dealers can buy direct for well under MSRP but in his experience, he has heard and seen them turn around and sell to public at well over MSRP.

i checked the vendor section of site and found 1 that I could recognize as an MB dealer and sent them an inquiry email on their pricing strategy......so my question: is anyone aware of a dealer who sells with a modest mark up over their cost that is well below MSRP? Ive found there is often a rouge dealer looking for volume driven incremental revenue vs high margin markups. Ex Sun Coast Porsche in Tampa.

thanks in advance. Chris.

TJMart

• Silver
  • USA, NC, Matthews
Re: Dealers who sell below MB Classic MSRP
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 00:32:58 »
Its been my experience that a few MB Dealers will sell about 15% to 20% below the MSRP price. (The Classic Center charges MSRP). They add on, in my view excessive shipping charges that bring the cost maybe to 5% below or at MSRP. The Classic Center sells at MSRP with very low shipping and I get at least 15% for being a MB Club member so I just buy from them. I think the Classic Center knows our Pagodas better too. It does pay to shop around because I have purchased MB parts cheaper than MSRP from other vendors.  Just my thoughts.

Tony
Tony
1970 280SL, 4 Speed

Jack Jones

• Silver
  • Canada, ON, Milton
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 03:38:56 »
I have had good luck with North Atlanta Mercedes. They generally give 25% off of MSRP and it is non-inflated MSRP.

http://www.genuinemercedesparts.com

Jack Jones                                                                                                   
1970 280SL 4 Speed
1984 280SL 5 Speed

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 02:51:08 »
I have had good luck with North Atlanta Mercedes. They generally give 25% off of MSRP and it is non-inflated MSRP.

http://www.genuinemercedesparts.com
I buy there also.  If you google "trademotion mercedes" you will end up with links that go to websites that are actually MB dealers running internet sales separate from other sales.  Most trademotion sites are less than MSRP, some way less.  You can put in a part number (don't include the "A") and it will show you MSRP and their price.  Shop around.  The websites do NOT tell you if they actually have the part.

My rationale is if I do the homework and get the part number, I buy it cheap.  If I don't do the homework I'll pay the Classic Center for the part.  But I live in CA so it's an additional 9.x% sales tax for me also to buy from the Classic Center.
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California