Author Topic: Help Welcome New Full Members see Page 3, Reply No 57 for last post  (Read 41810 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Please Note there will be no more UPDATES on this Thread
Thread is now LOCKED

Please go to Page 3 then scroll to Reply No 57 for last post

You might wonder why this thread exists. Well when I took on the task in January 2016 to mail out a Welcoming Package to New Full Members that have joined our Group, I thought it to be a nice idea to let everyone know who joined and where they are located (country or state-wise). I also include in the listing(s) International New Full Members, however, the Welcoming Package is posted by Garry Marks our Vice President and Membership Administrator located in Australia. Please help us in welcoming our New Full Members as I update this list.

Our Welcoming Package consists of a Letter from our President, a sample of our renowned Pagoda World  (PW) magazine (now issued twice a year to all our Full Members), and two windshield stickers of our new Logo that we changed last year. The task of mailing out our Welcoming Pavkages is now handled by someone else. However, I've decided to keep this listing up to date since it will help many of you finding other Pagoda owners in your immediate area. If you are more avanced in using this site you can also find members in your area by checking our dataBase that is sortable as follows -----> Members---> View the Memberlist then sort the dataBase by Location by clicking on Location. Then simply page thru the pages until you come to your location.   

Thank You, Dieter

Rolf-Dieter (Dieter) Solga
Pagoda SL Group
Ex - Membership Director
for North America

Hello,

Parminder, Michael, David, Tony, Clayton, John, Igor, Alan, Christopher, Ray, Gus, Hernan,, Steven, James, Michelle, James, Alan, Chris, John, Jon, Paul, and Louie.

I like to take a moment and welcome you all ( if your first name is shown above, you live in the USA or Canada and you have registered as a Full Member between October 2015 and now then this message is for you) to our Pagoda SL Group. May you always have safe travels in your Pagoda and sunny days for Top-Down Outings.

Some of you have signed up last October and November as well as in December. We try to mail out the welcome package as soon as we can, however, sometimes unexpected circumstances prevent us from doing so.

I've taken over this task of mailing out welcome packages to New Full Members in the Americas since January 1, 2016 and I like to apologize for the delay in getting the welcome package to Full Members having signed up in October and November of last year.

The good news is your Welcome Package is in the mail (including for Full Members having signed up in December 2015 and January 2016 for the Americas Areas), and contains a Pagoda World Magazine Issue 16 issued last year in February to hold you over until our next PW arrives at your doorstep.

The PW in your package contains some nice stories from the outing of Members to Goodwood in England a nice story from the Benz Dr., and a Fascinating technical story along with graphs and data you all will enjoy.

Should you have a story you like to share as to how you found your Pagoda or an interesting outing you had, do share it with us, we always need new material for our Pagoda World Magazine and Pagoda Notes.

Once again welcome and if you have not already done so tell us something about you and your car in the tread below (New Members Introduction Link) and don't forget to add some photos of your treasure we all love to see photos of a Pagoda from our members.

Many thanks for your support and welcome to the Pagoda SL Group,

New Members Introduction Linkhttp://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=529.0

Member List sort any field ---> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?action=mlist

Move your courser over "Location" and click to sort find other members in your area.

Ex-Membership Director, North America

The above link makes for interesting reading on some rainy night :) perhaps you like to share your story with us :)

EDIT ... Changed subject line added "Americas"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 20:53:12 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Iconic

• Platinum
  • USA, IL, Highland Park
  • ex-Membership Administrator
Re: Welcome Package for New USA and Canada Full Members
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 23:11:42 »
In case it is not obvious, I would like to mention that Rolf-Dieter had taken over the responsibility of sending out New Member Packets for the Americas, North, South, and Central.
Garry continues with the rest of the world.
Thank you Dieter for relieving me after my three year stint.
Also thank you to the community for allowing me to give something back.
1970 280 SL Automatic, USA version, Grey-Blue (906G/906G), Blue leather (245)
1968 SS396 Camaro Convertible (owned since 1977 -- my first car :D)
1984 Porsche Euro Carrera coupe, LSD, SlateBlueMet/Blue
1998 BMW M-Rdstr Estoril Blue
1970 280 SL Automatic, Anthracite Grey-173G, Red Interior-132 - sold

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Jan 2016 UPDATE Welcome Package for New Full Members from the Americas
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 20:20:23 »
Hello and Welcome to the New Full Members that have signed up from verious locations in the United States during the month of January 2016 ....

Your welcoming Package along with two (2) window stickers was mailed today and should arrive at your doorstep 4 to 8 Business Days from now (make sure you locate the window stickers before you recycle the envelope, they may slip out from the magazine as you open it).

Thanks again for joining our truly international Pagoda SL Group (please refer to post 1 above for some cool links).

May you always have safe and sunny top down Pagoda/Pagode days.

Cheers,

Rolf Dieter
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 20:25:28 by Rolf-Dieter »

Tyler S

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Encinitas
Re: Welcome Package for New Full Members from the Americas
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 02:22:20 »
Just got today! ;) Thanks Rolf.
What is the consensus on club decal placement? Rear window, hardtop quarter window, rt or lt windshield?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:35:05 by Tyler S. »
1968 (67) 250sl. 4 speed manual. DB180 Silver
1955 220 Cabriolet A. White Grey
2019 E450 Wagon. Majestic Blue
1936 Ford PU Flathead V8. Creme on tan interior.
1989 Volkswagen T3 Westfailia Campmobile. Dove Grey (blue)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 21:05:11 »

For Associate Members, if you want to receive the Pagoda Group logo window sticker, together with Pagoda World twice a year, you need to join as a Full Member.  That way you also get access to the full Technical Manual that will save you the price of Membership ($30 USD) the first linkage adjustment you do when you do it incorrectly ;) ;) :D ;D

See Linkage Tour accessible by Full Members only.

Garry
Membership Administrator

Garry,

That $30.00 is a pretty good deal I say all considering (getting two nice magazines a year and expert help from members on our site that have gone thru growing pain during restorations and maintenance. Not to mention in great detail all the free advice available in our Technical Manual). No need to mention the cost and effort to a) maintain our web site, b) prepare the Pagoda World magazines for publication c) Board Members volunteer there time and services free of charge. Etc. Ect. Etc.

When one thinks about it each Full Member indeed gets ALL of his yearly investment back. Great deal I say for less then 0.09 cents a day :) for being a Member of this Non Profit Organization where we help each other out to find solutions for our beloved toy problems. There simply is no better deal to be had :)

Just saying,

Dieter

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 21:38:49 »
To our New Full Members I just like to point out that some time ago one of our founding Members and past Presidents opened this thread (see link below).

It is a great way to interduce yourself (unless you already done so) and tell us a bit about you and your car. It is a great read when you find the time to do so. You get to know other Members here and what car they have, how they found it etc.

Perhaps your story is very unusual like one I read (I forget now if it was in the tread below or one of the stories in the Pagoda Style Book this fellow found his car in the US and had it shipped to Italy, he followed the ship every step of the way. When it finally arrived the Italian Port Authoreties did not let him see it for weeks (might have been days) until all the paperwork was done. It took several weeks as I recall. Must have been nail biting for the poor fellow.

Anyway New Members or Associate Members, have a read ... Tell us your story we are always looking for good stuff for our Pagida World or Pagoda Notes publications.

Go to this link ---> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=529.0

Enjoy the read on the link above as I know you will it had over 200K hits so far :)

Cheers,

Dieter

Tip, did you know you can save the pages on your iPad in PDF (or other tablet device). Then you can read it while waiting for your wife doing some shopping or while standing in one of our now ever so long line ups ~grin~ Anyway no Internet needed to read stories like the ones above or any other.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 21:47:30 by Rolf-Dieter »

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
February 2016 Welcome Package for New Full Members from the Americas
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 19:13:48 »
Please help me to Welcome 10 New Full Members (Nine from the United States and One from Canada) that have joined our mids in February when you see them in the forum. As much as our web site is about the cars that we all so much appreciate in the end it is about the people that make it such a great site. Additional Full Members have joined us as well from the rest of the world and they are looked after by Garry Marks in Australia.

Welcome to our Pagoda SL Group

Enrique enriquegarcia, Jamil feema08, Mark mtoomey, John John J, Eric mamb2016, Steven KYSLguy, Dirk dirkbalter, Charles Charles 230SL, Tim Tim everett and Christopher Tympany5

Your Welcome Package is in the mail today and should arrive at your door step within the next 5 to 8 days or so (all depending on our brilliant snail mail service and Border Control). One of the US new Full Members reported that it took 8 days to get to him in January. Perhaps some of you US fellows in California can let me know how long it took to get to you. Included you find another fine Pagoda Magazine from February last year (the first post above mentioned what it contains). Take a moment and follow some of the links in the first post above. Make sure you don't leave the two (2) window stickers behind when opening the envelope, you find them inside the front of the magazine.

Should you have a story to tell about your Pagoda, how you found it and what you plan to do with it or some interesting road trip you made we love to hear about it. Some rainy day put it to paper and send it to our Pagoda World Editor, we need great stories to share with others in our upcoming Pagoda World Magazines. Our goal is to issue two (2) Pagoda World magazines each year. We need, welcome and appreciate your input.

Once again Welcome,

Dieter
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:41:16 by Rolf-Dieter »

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton
  • Audit Committee
Re: Welcome Package for New Full Members Americas and International
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 21:31:26 »
All outstanding International Memberships for the rest of the world have also been posted out in the past few days so should be in mail boxes in the coming week or so.  Welcome to all.

Garry
Membership Administrator
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
March 2016 Welcome Package for New Full Members from the Americas
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 17:15:46 »
Please help me to Welcome 12 New Full Members (Ten from the United States [California 4, Colorado 1, Virginia 2, Illinois 1, Pensilvania 1 and Florida 1 New Full Members), One from Canada and one from Mexico] that have joined our mids in March when you see them in the forum). As much as our web site is about the cars that we all so much appreciate in the end it is about the people that make it such a great site. Additional Full members have joined us from the rest of the world and Gerry Marks has or will be mailing out Welcome Packages to those New Full Members.

Also please have a read of the information contained in the tread "How to make best use this site, read this first" if you have not yet done so. It contains valuable information and has been carefully prepared by our former President to help you navigate this site.

Here is the link ---> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=18871.0

Fernando, (Mechudo62), Mexico

Devlin, (Delvis), Britisch Columbia, Canada

Eric, (bigdaddyolson), Virginia

Greg, (Redbruin), California

Mark, (Mark-Karlsson), California

Bryan, (BRYANH815), Illinois

James, (Spyglassedh), California

Monte, (Monte), Colorado

Chris, (cajlouni), California

Alan, (Gilstrap), Florida

Daniel, (su8pack1), Pensilvania

And

Roman, (rkishi), Virginia

TIP, Like to find more members in your area it's as simple as 1, 2 3 ... Click on Members above, once the drop down list opens click on View the memberlis our members Data Base will open up now click on Location and the entire membership data base will sort by Location. Once this is done just page thru the pages (you find it at the bottom) and go to your state or country to see other members nearest your Location. Give it a try.

Your Welcoming Packages have been mailed today and should arrive at your door step within the next 5 to 8 days or so (all depending on our brilliant snail mail service and Border Control). One of the US new Full Members reported that it took 8 days to get to him in January. Perhaps some of you US fellows in California can let me know how long it took to get to you. Included you will find Issue 17 Pagoda Magazine from February last year (the first post above mentioned what it contains). Take a moment and follow some of the links in the first post above. Make sure you don't leave the two (2) window stickers behind when opening the envelope, you find them inside the front of the magazine along with a welcoming letter from our President.

Should you have a story to tell about your Pagoda, how you found it and what you plan to do with it or some interesting road trip you made we love to hear about it. Some rainy day put it to paper and send it to our Pagoda World Editor, we need great stories to share with others in our upcoming Pagoda World Magazines. Our goal is to issue two (2) Pagoda World magazines each year. We need, welcome and appreciate your input.

Once again Welcome,

Dieter
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:41:59 by Rolf-Dieter »

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Please help me to Welcome 19 New Full Members (Seventeen from the United States and Two from Canada) that have joined or re-joined our mids in April when you see them in the forum. Full members have joined us from the rest of the world and Gerry Marks the Membership Secretary for the rest of the world has or will be mailing out Welcome Packages to those New Full Members as well.

Ralph (neelyrc) Alabama, USA

Bill (bbryant) Florida, USA

Howard (hlblanton) California, USA

Kevin (kbike) California, USA

Simon (simonluong) California, USA

Robert (Robert Meyer) California, USA

Tom (shanghaitom), Iowa, USA

Aashish (Arjun) New York State, USA

Robert (artisanautoworks) New York State, USA

Gary (Retelny) New York State, USA

Paul (mbpaul) New Mexico, USA

Ted (TZombek), Ohio, USA

Randy (Woodstock) Oklahoma, USA

Lawrence (leroix) Origan, USA

Edward (eschroder) South Carolina, USA

Bradley (63-230sl), Tennessee, USA

Cory (Wheeliee) Texas, USA

David (DR65SL) New Brunswick, Canada

Craig (Cbeth_98) Ontario, Canada

Your Welcoming Packages will be mailed First thing in the morning and should arrive at your door step within the next 5 to 8 days business days or so (all depending on our brilliant snail mail service and Border Control). Take a moment and follow some of the links in the previous posts above. Make sure you don't leave the two (2) window stickers behind when opening the envelope, you find them inside the front cover of the magazine along with a welcoming letter from our President.

I list the new Full Members in this post for your benefit. It will let you know who also joint in your state this month or in previous months. You can perhaps get to gather with those members be it by social media (e-mail is available for every member thru our forum system). You may learn or share valuable information this way as to events being held, tips on parts, good mechanics that know how to help you with your car etc. After all our site is all about people helping one another and lasting friendships are made this way since we all share one thing our Pagoda. :)

Once again Welcome

Dieter

EDIT, Added 5 additional Members
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:42:37 by Rolf-Dieter »

Garry

• Platinum
  • Audit Committee
To add to Rolf Dieter’s message, the welcome packages for the rest of the World are sent out individually as the Membership is lodged and notified to me so currently all new members have been sent their packages, the last remaining ones left earlier in the week. I don’t readily have the names but if you have joined and not received your welcome letters within the next couple of weeks please PM me and I will follow up.

Garry
Membership Administrator
The World other than the Americas.
Garry Marks
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Like every end of the month I mail out a welcoming package to new Full Members that have joined us in the Americas of the world. It will be posted June 1, 2016.

The package contains;

A Welcoming Letter from our President
A Copy of our Pagoda World Magazine
Two Windshield Stickers of our Logo

This month everyone that has joined our group as a Full Member will receive our latest Pagoda World (PW) Magazine issue 18 that was published after our September 2016 meet at our Pagoda University Blacklick (PUB).

Please help me to Welcome 11 New Full Members (Two are from Mexico and nine are from the United States) that have joined or re-joined our mids in May when you see them in the forum.

Steve ~ Fairbanks, AK (hovercraft)

Robert ~ Phoenix, AZ (robertw)

Geoff ~ Irvine, CA (calhippie)

Dean ~ Santa Rosa, CA (707dieseldean)

David ~ Kailua, HI (Beachbear)

Miguel ~ Mexico City, Mexico (MiguelD)

JESUS ~ Mexico City, Mexico (cachuchis01)

John ~ Smithtown. NY 11787 (john123)

Emil ~ Rocky River, OH (mrosul@sbcglobal.net)

Bob ~ Pittsburgh, PA (BHap)

Keit ~ Houston, TX  (krdalke)

Your Welcoming Packages should arrive at your door step within the next 5 to 8 business days or so (all depending on our brilliant snail mail service and Border Control). Take a moment and follow some of the links in the previous posts above. Make sure you don't leave the two (2) window stickers behind when opening the envelope, you find them inside the front cover of the magazine along with a welcoming letter from our President.

I list the new Full Members in this post for your benefit as well as for other members in your area. It will let you know who also joint in your state this month or in previous months. You can perhaps contact a members that joined in your immediate or near by area be it by social media (simply PM the member near you). You may learn or share valuable information this way as to events being held, tips on parts, good mechanics that know how to help you with your car etc. After all our site is all about people helping one another and lasting friendships are made this way since we all share one thing our Pagoda. :)

If you are one of our Associate Members reading this message, I love to send you a welcoming Package in the near future also.

Once again Welcome

Dieter

EDIT; Added three little photos of the PW18 :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:43:25 by Rolf-Dieter »

Mechudo62

• Inactive
  • Junior Level
  • Mexico, Distrito Federal, Mexico City
Glad to see two new members from the Mercedes Benz Club Of Mexico joining Pagoda World on my recommendation. The information found here has been invaluable in correctly tuning, maintaining and enjoying my Pagoda more! Can't wait to attend the next Blacklick reunion.
Greetings from sunny Mexico!
Fernando Mangino

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Hello Mechudo62,

Perhaps a bit late, Welcome to our Group.

Thanks for recommending fellow MB Club Mexican Members to join our truly international Pagoda SL Group we look forward in sharing experiences and knowlage about our cars. As you properly know by now there are a great deal of helpfull and knowlageable members in our group. 

We like to encourage members to tell us there story about the history of there Pagoda, perhaps you and your friends might find the time to do just that, Members here always like to read about it. Sometimes the story finds its way into Pagoda World or Pagoda Notes. Also, perhaps some day one of the Mexican Members might volunteer to serve on our Board. :)

In one of my above posts I have the link to Members Introductions the thread tells interesting stories about how Members found there car and the work they needed to do to put them into the road.

I like to post here every month the new Full Members that joined our Group, not only to welcome them also to let other Members (be they Full or Associate Members) know that someone in there area has joined. I hope it helps to get them together at car shows, meets or otherwise exchange information and resources within there area.

Once again welcome to our Group and Happy Motoring

Dieter

Mechudo62

• Inactive
  • Junior Level
  • Mexico, Distrito Federal, Mexico City
Hello Dieter, I´ll be more than happy to write an article and share the experience on how I found my 280SL and the work performed on it. In fact, I already have a rough draft and will work on it in the comming weeks. However, its not yet clear to me where or how to submit it; directions would be appreciated.

I would be honored to serve on the Pagoda SL Group Board and will continue to recommend the Group to other SL Pagoda owners in our country or abroad.

Best regards from sunny Mexico where passion for classic Mercedes' is alive and well! 

Fernando
Greetings from sunny Mexico!
Fernando Mangino

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Hello Fernando,

You and your friends can write a brief introduction here...

----> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=529.0

Once your story is complete you can send it to our Pagoda World and Pagoda Notes Editor  here ...

-----> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=21052.0

Stories about our Pagoda's along with photographs are always welcome by our members. Each story has a fascination of its own. We look forward reading yours. If you wish you can send it to me my daughter is a Professor at a local University here and has done editing work for Pagoda World in the past.

In the later part of the year there will be a thread asking for new Board Members, when you see it do add your name to the list. We all volunteer our time (some for one year others for three years, handling some of the tasks of the Pagoda SL Group) it would be nice to have a member from your country on our board. 

Glad to see that passion for the MB Classic is well and alive in Sunny Mexico.

Best Regards from Canada were summer has finally arrived :)

Dieter

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Hello Pagoda Friends,,

Please help me to Welcome 15 New Full Members from the United States (4 from California, 1 from Georgia, 1 from Idaho, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Indiana, 1 from Massachusetts, 2 from Maine, 2 from New York State, 1 from Tennessee and 1 from Texas), that have joined our mids in June you see them in the forum. As much as our web site is about the cars that we all so much appreciate in the end it is about the people that make it such a great site.

Adam ~CA ~ (burns99)

Andrew ~CA~ (1967sl280red)

Doug ~CA~ (Doug M)

Jason ~CA~ (rubenj)

Axel ~GA~ (Avorpahl)

Gregory ~ID~ (GSPEAK)

Stephen ~IL~ (sfraser1aa)

Wen ~IN~ (Buddydog)

Timothy ~MA~ (tomg)

Michael ~ME~ (mbazinet)

Glenn ~ME~ (cainboy56)

Nick ~NY~ (saffosn)

Joseph ~ NY ~  (Faral)

Robert  ~TN~ (xander88)

James ~TX~ (JamesHigdon)

Your Welcoming Packages are in the mail today and should arrive at your door step within the next 5 to 8 business days or so. The package contains a welcoming letter from our President, issue 18 of our Pagoda World magazine and 2 windshield stickers for your car. Enjoy your car and our site. Please have a look at the previous posts here (Jan to May 2016) for helpful links that get you familiar with our site. Make use of our search function and if you cannot find what you are looking for dont be shy to ask, You will find many helpful and knowledgeable members here that will lend a helping hand or point you in the right direction.

For Full Members that have joined us from the rest of the world your welcoming package is posted by Gerry Marks from Australia in a timely fashion.

Once again Welcome,

Dieter
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:44:16 by Rolf-Dieter »

DaleRoberts

I just joined and would love to receive a welcome packet.  I have a 1968 250SL with about 67,000 miles that I have owned for almost 14 years.  I bought it from a friend with 53,000 miles on in.  Unfortunately I don't know too much about my car's history prior to the previous owner - just some unverified "stories".
Can anyone tell me how to go about researching my car's history?  I'm pretty confident it was originally purchased in Chicago Illinois and I think there were only a couple dealerships here at that time. 

Any suggestions?

Dale Roberts

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
Welcome Dale, perhaps this conversation would be best continued elsehwere, but some quick thoughts:
- to receive a welcome package, you would need to upgrade your membership to 'paid' status (nominal fee of $30 per year which carries nice benefits)
- history research is difficult if not impossible through the official authorities (privacy) so your best bet is to go back up the ownership trail, try to find out who the owner was before the previous owner
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

Garry

• Platinum
  • Audit Committee
Hi Dale,

Welcome to the Group.  As Cees has said you need to be a Full Member to receive the welcome packages and window stickers.  This will also entitle you to receive the Pagoda World twice a year as well as Pagoda Notes.  You will also then get full access to the Tech Manual, a must if you wish to do day to day maintenance tuning of your car.

The first thing, ( after joining as a Full Member.lol) is to get in touch with Tom Hanson at Mercedes Classic Centre in CA and get your Data Card.  This will give you the full story on your car, what options etc it came with and its build date. A good start point for any owner.

Garry
Membership Administrator
Other then Americas.
Garry Marks
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Welcome Package for New Full Members from the Americas July 2016 UPDATE
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 16:28:15 »
I like to welcome to our truly International site Eleven (11) new Full Members that have joined our Pagoda SL Group community  from the Americas (2 from California, 1 from Florida, 1 from Maryland, 1 from Maine, 3 from New York State, 1 from Pennsylvania, 1 from Texas and 1 from Wyoming) as well as several Full Time members from the rest of the World and Associate Members that also signed up during the Month of July.

For the Full Members of the Americas (below), your Welcoming Package in the mail as of today Aug 2nd (we had a holiday here in Canada on Monday), and should arrive at your door step within the next 5 to 8 days or so (all depending on the efficiency of our postal system and Border Control). The package contains a welcoming letter from our President, issue 18 of our Pagoda World magazine and 2 windshield stickers for your car. I recommend you look over the previous posts of this thread and time permitting have a look at the various links I provided previously that will help you familiarize yourself with our site and find members in your area. For the benefit of our existing members I list the US State behind each first name of the new Full Member that has joined this month. I recognize two (2) new members below that I meet this month during my visit at the Deutsche Classic in Oley, PA One of the benefits of our club is to meet great people form all walks of life when we meet them at events, each one has a great story to tell.

Speaking of stories, do tell yours unless you have already done so in the New Members introduction thread

Here ----> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=529.0

Cess Klumper started this thread some 13 years ago, one of our long time members it has accumulated some great stories about our members and there cars. I visit this thread often and enjoy the stories on a rainy day :) So far Cees's thread had over 1/4 milion hits, this alone tells the story as what a great thread it is. So don't miss to visit it :)

The New Full Members from the Americas that joined in July are:-

Albert ~CA~  (shatzi)

Ryan  ~CA~ (dabigpud)

Russell ~FL~ 3 (Bullethead)

Raymond ~MD~ (ranglin)

Geoffrey ~ME~ (StlCardFan)

Curt ~NY~ (curtowens)

Michael ~NY~ (michaelbeddows)

Richard ~NY~ (Chard1076)

John ~PA~ 1 (John Ciab)

Franklin ~TX~ (Guanaj

Brian ~WY~ (bmoore)

Our Membership Secretary Garry Marks handles Welcoming Packages for the rest of the world.

Enjoy the rest of the summer, safe and happy motoring to one and all. Thanks for your support and welcome to our club!

Membership Secretary, the Americas
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 16:43:01 by Rolf-Dieter »

Garry

• Platinum
  • Audit Committee
Re: Welcome Package for New Full Members from the Americas UPDATE
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 21:48:03 »
For all new Members from other than the Americas, you will, or should have received your welcome packages as I tend to send them out as soon as I see there is a new Full Member.

I also like Rolf Dieter, highly recommend that you add your introduction too the New Members Introductions thread linked in Dieters post and add photos, we all love photos here.

Welcome to all new comers.

Garry
Garry Marks
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Re: Welcome Package for New Full Members from the Americas August UPDATE
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 16:59:09 »
We like to welcome 8 New Full Members from the Americas as well as 3 New Full Members from the rest of the world that have signed up as Full Members during the month of August to our Pagoda SL Group Help us welcoming those Members when you see them they are ...

From the Americas;

aagost (PA)
Ronald  (Canada)
Cogsworth33 (WA)
addressing (NY)
MGregory (TN)
JonathanB (CA)
gstorek  (CA)
Cniles (NY)

From The rest of the world;

JostB (Germany)
cvanrhijn (Belgium)
swood1  (England)

For the Full Members that joined us from the Americas, your welcoming package has been mailed today September 1st 2016 and you should receive it within the next 5 to 8 business days. For the rest of the world, Garry sends them out within a couple of days joining from Australia. Your welcoming  package includes a Welcoming letter from our President, one of our Pagoda World magazines that is now issued twice a year to our Full Members and two windshield stickers of our logo.

Don't miss to locate the stickers (they have been known to be left behind in the envelope). Welcoming packages are mailed out at the end of each month for the Americas and the rest of the world as new Full Members sign up by Garry Marks.

Time permitting have a look thru some of the previous posts of this thread (Jan to Jul 2016), they contain links on how to best navigate this site, post photographs, add some details about your car and how you found her and how to order Back Issues of our Pagoda World Magazine.

Once again Welcome to our Group and enjoy the Pagoda World magazine once it arrives in your mail box.

Rolf-Dieter Solga
Membership Secretary for the Americas
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 22:11:38 by Garry »

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Re: Welcome Package for New Full Members UPDATE September 2016
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 16:27:01 »
Please help me to welcome the 14 New Full Members that have joined our mids in September 2016. One from Australia, two from Brazil, one from Canada, one from the Netherlands, one from Italy,  four from the UK and four from the USA.

Gentlemen, welcome to our SL Pagoda Group. Some of the International Members should have received there packages since Garry M. mailed them out before he went on vacation. The rest of the welcoming package have been mailed today October1, 2016 and you should receive it within the next 5 to 8 business days for the USA and Canada the International ones might just take a bit longer (I will handle Garry M. International mailings until he returns from his vacation sometime in November). Your welcoming  package includes a Welcoming letter from our President, one of our Pagoda World magazines that is now issued twice a year to our Full Members and two windshield stickers of our logo.

Jimmy, Australia (Jchristo)
Ricardo, Brazil (rprado)
Americo, Brazil (AMERICO SAMMARONE NETO)
Allan, Cnada (Mullera)
Peter, Netherlands (Peter Brunklaus)
Roberto, Italy (robertoarc)
Rowland, UK (ROWLAND RODGERS)
John, UK (John K)
Steven, UK (swood1)
Trevor, UK (classicandiconic)
Kip, USA (kipbusse)
Paul, USA (siqueira)
Stu, USA (Sfox)
Kevin, USA (wagnerk1)

Don't miss to locate the stickers (they have been known to be left behind in the envelope). I know we are all busy with our lives, however, time permitting have a look thru some of the previous posts of this thread (January to  July 2016), they contain links on how to best navigate this site, post photographs, add some details about your car and how you found her and how to order Back Issues of our Pagoda World Magazine.

Also, a great thread on our forum is "New Member Introduction", read almost 245,000 times to date, qualifies as a best seller, I mean best read :) have a read there are some great stories of members how they found there Pagoda etc. We love to see your story there as well (unless you have already done so) and don't forget photos of your priced possession we love photos :)

Here is the link ---> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=529.0

Once again Welcome to our Group and thanks for your support,  enjoy the Pagoda World magazine once it arrives in your mail box.

Dieter
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:45:08 by Rolf-Dieter »

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Up to Date Listing for "New Full Members" for the Month of October 2016
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 17:51:58 »
Lady & Gentlemen, welcome to our SL Pagoda Group. Your welcoming package has been mailed today October 4, 2016 and you should receive it within the next 5 to 8 business days for the USA and Canada the International ones might just take a bit longer. Your welcoming package includes a Welcoming letter from our President, one of our Pagoda World magazines that is now issued twice a year to our Full Members and two windshield stickers of our logo. If you wish to add back issues to your collection then check the link below for available issues and ordering steps (Full Members only can order Back Issues).

Go to this Link for available PW Back Issues —-> http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=11537.0

Peter United Kingdom (benlypage)
Andreas Switzerland (a.koopmann)
Lars Sweden (280slPagoda)
Scott E. USA (blade5073)
Scott S. USA (ss6255)
Russell USA (x046866x)
Greg USA (gwhitehouse)
JOHN USA (SADIE)
Chris USA (revrevrev)
Marshall USA (Marshalll Smith)
Steven USA (steven_H)
Howard USA (howard.long@ymail.com)
Alexander USA (adominsh)

I will add additional Full Members that are still joining us this month below later;

Three (3) additional Full Members that have joined us in the first week of this month. Including a Lady Welcome one and all.

Cynthia, USA (Cindy Walta)
Randle, USA (tanglefu)
Timothy, USA (Nagytim)

One additional New Full Members has joined us for the week of Oct 9, 2016 Welcome Thomas!

Thomas, USA (Odyssey)

Three additional New Members for the week of Oct 16th, and 23rd 2016

Brian, USA, (brianthefloridian)
Richard, Brazil, (flynn49)
Troy, Australia, (troy.shelton.ward )

I know we are all busy with our lives, however, time permitting have a look thru some of the previous posts of this thread (January to  July 2016). I posted some links in the above posts on how best to navigate this site, post photographs etc.

Once again Welcome to our Group and thanks for your support,  enjoy the Pagoda World magazine once it arrives in your mail box.

Dieter

Edit; in future I will post the welcoming package to new Full Members within 5 business days of there registration, so the wait for the sample Pagoda World Magazine won't be too long :) (in the past I mailed them out monthly for the Americas while Garry M. mailed the international ones out asp Garry's post office must be closer then mine ~grin~).

EDIT; Updated for Week of Oct 16th. and 23rd. 2016 for New Full Members that have Joined us.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:45:50 by Rolf-Dieter »